Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does Ben Get A Pass?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think we all blame BC for this one as much as we blame Ben. Cowher needs to be the coach here and sit Ben down in a case like this ! It's just not smart football when you have a great backup like Batch there who's healthy !

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    You should all be blaming BC on this one. We all know how Ben plays after an injury and we needed this game. But Cowher is too stubborn to change.
    Dude I blame Bill Cowher alot for this season. People keep on saying I'm crazy for questioning Bill Cowhers heart this year. It seems he is already retired and just waiting to get this season over.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this point we question everything...every coach, every player, every play call...there is nothing left to not question because everyone is at fault.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    At this point we question everything...every coach, every player, every play call...there is nothing left to not question because everyone is at fault.
    Why does this whole team look lost? I think alot of it is lack of leadership. We miss Jerome in this department. Then you have to look at the HC. He sure isn't a kind of a leader right now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I question this entire team, the coaches, everyone as I mentioned. The coaches arent coaching well, the players aren't playing well, the team leaders aren't stepping up or if they are it's not working.

This team has ZERO identity right now.

You know if it was Kordell, he would have been benched after the first quarter. So what is it? You bench Kordell so much you screw up his career, and then you refuse to bench Ben even if it costs you games that you desperately need?

I think Batch should have been in there, no question. It's nothing against Ben, because he's our franchise QB and has gone through alot injury-wise. But he was just not ready to play this game. He still threw for 300 yards, so it's obvious he has the skill. I think he was just still not ready to come back from the concussion, and that lead to mistakes. I think they should probably bench him for the rest of the season, see if we can do anything with Batch, but with the understanding that it's not because we're giving up on Ben, just that he's not physically or mentally ready to play at 100%.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Had Ben not had gotten that injury last week there'd be no question of if he should play or not...but at this point it's just one thing after another with him and the only remedy is time to heal. We can't play musical QB's, that's definatley not the answer but at the same time, BC has not been smart with Ben's injuries...I wanted Ben to play this week as much as anyone but not at the expense of costing us the game because he wasn't ready.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    he threw over 400 yards if you count his completions to the other team and 3 tds if you count the td passes he threw to the other team, so he's good lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Had Ben not had gotten that injury last week there'd be no question of if he should play or not...but at this point it's just one thing after another with him and the only remedy is time to heal. We can't play musical QB's, that's definatley not the answer but at the same time, BC has not been smart with Ben's injuries...I wanted Ben to play this week as much as anyone but not at the expense of costing us the game because he wasn't ready.
    Don't you think Charlie Batch could have went out there and threw some INT's as well? I like Batch and he has played well when called upon. But the Raiders did have the number passing defense heading into this game I believe. Some of that is misleading since the Raiders have been trailing so much in games and teams didn't need to pass the pass the ball. All I'm saying the Raiders defense did play well today. Just giving the Raiders D some credit.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Koopa the eteranl optimist..

Thread Information