Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does Ben Get A Pass?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar

Why Does Ben Get A Pass?

I know he's had a rough offseason and maybe wasn't quite ready for the season but now he should be and he's still playing bad. If this was Kordell or Maddox he'd be kicked out of the city...why isn't Ben?

I don't understand this at all.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben absolutely gets no passes. If he's not up to the challenge then he needs to sit and let Batch play until he's ready because after that concussion last week he suffered a major setback. It's one thing to work through your difficulties but his bad play is a major contributor to us losing games. Nobody is questioning if he is our leader, our QB to lead us into the future, but he's clearly just had way too much happen this year and he's just flat out not playing well at all with any consistency.

Ben was on his way back after 2 great games the previous 2 weeks, then the concussion and its clear that Cowher should have put his butt on the bench as the emergency QB this week and let Batch play. Ben was getting killed all day long by the pass rush.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-29-2006 at 07:57 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    he has no pass from me, at my forum, i said i want to draft a new qb that isn't a fluke.......he's done
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I won't say he's a fluke, but he's clearly not performing at anywhere near where we need him to be !

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    But he's still playing and I doubt the media will get on his case too much because they want to kiss his ***.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

Maybe he did push it to get back for this game From looking at hsi stats he definitely had some cobwebs this week.

I think Ben gets the free pass becasue of eveything he went through in the off season!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    IMO, Ben has been pushing all season. He's just not himself. The previous 2 games he was on fire and playing well..then the concussion and he was most definately out of it again.

He's been thru hell this year, there is no doubt, but Cowher needs to be the coach here and realize that Ben shouldn't have played today. The man just had a head injury for God sakes, that's nothing to play around with.

My Mood
    Addicted
    You should all be blaming BC on this one. We all know how Ben plays after an injury and we needed this game. But Cowher is too stubborn to change.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wow I have been hard on Ben so far this year. But he isn't done. Should he get a pass? Hell no he shouldn't. As you know from some of my posts. I havn't gave Ben a pass at all. It was a selfish act to ride that motorcycle. I stick by that. But thats in the past and it really serves no point to relive the past.

Ben is the Steelers guy. You ride him through the good times and the bad times. The previous two games Ben looked like he was back. Today he didn't. I don't know but at this point we have to hope Ben just bounces back. Screw this year. I'm talking the long term.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    You should all be blaming BC on this one. We all know how Ben plays after an injury and we needed this game. But Cowher is too stubborn to change.
    that's why i can't stand him.....i know i wanted ben to play, but i'm a crazy fan, i'm not getting paid millions of dollars to make the right decissions....cowher is and ben should have sat out these next two weeks (the broncos are gonna eat him alive next week if he plays) batch would've won us this game....ben got knocked back into maddox mode last week.....cowher has to be fired, don't let him walk, fire his ***
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information