Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of respect for the #1 defense in the NFL

Bookmark and Share

Lack of respect for the #1 defense in the NFL

Am I imagining it, or are most "experts" picking the Cardinals? Are there really that many Steeler haters out there? I think many wanted a Ravens-Cardinals matchup due to the "Cinderella" factor. Just look how Joe Flacco was talked up before the championship game. Now many are discussing Arizona's defense. Did anyone see the second half of the Eagles game? They couldn't have played worse.
    Last edited by lakeeffectsnows; 01-28-2009 at 03:00 PM.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    No you're not imagining it, Arizona claims to be this huge underdog, but there are a LOT of new born Cardinals fans right now. Lots of them on youtube talking all kinds of **** about the Cards defense being #1 in the NFL!!! LOL some of there names are "arizonacardsfan4life" and they registered "january 22 2009" HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!

Let the "experts" talk and disrespect the Steelers D... that's fuel for the fire and bulletin board material. Don't worry about because the Steelers will take care of business on the field.

I had a "Cardinals fan", yes I reference "Cardinal fans" with bunny ears for a reason, try and tell me today that the Steelers didn't have a good pass rush all season and that the Steelers pass defense isn't all that great. I had to drop some stats on his *** that he wasn't aware of and the subject was changed by him pretty quickly.

Besides, Steeler Nation might be enormous but it probably doesn't out number the fan base of the other 31 teams combined in the NFL... that means you would expect the Cardinals to be picked by everyone else not a Steelers fan because the general public always goes for the underdog...

We'll see the real "D" on sunday ,,,,

Talk is cheap,,,,,,win or lose those cards will know what it's like to take a hit from the
    Steel Curtain II
    The pain is coming,,,,,,,,

Funny how in a weeks time all the talking heads switch from "the worst team to ever make the Superbowl" to "how can anyone deal with Warner, Fitzgerald and Boldin"

I am so tired of hearing how great they are I havn't watched much sports TV this week. Even at media day they were asking the Cards fluff questions and talkign to everyone about how Warners "Trek with God" has helped the whole team. What did they ask most of the Steelers, " do you think you can stop Fitz" "What do you guys have to do to beat teh Cards"
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I undestand it, I really do. think about it. Rivers and the Chargers passed for over 300 yards against this Def. What is it you think Warner and those WR are going to do? We could be in big troubler fellas. Sorry but the Cardinals pass Offense is better then the Chargers.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    need a nail biting smilely....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I undestand it, I really do. think about it. Rivers and the Chargers passed for over 300 yards against this Def. What is it you think Warner and those WR are going to do? We could be in big troubler fellas. Sorry but the Cardinals pass Offense is better then the Chargers.
    Half of those 300+ passing yards we allowed against San Diego came in garbage time. Just saying...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Half of those 300+ passing yards we allowed against San Diego came in garbage time. Just saying...
    don't take him seriously DBR...he's just being goofy.....

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    No. i'm really shittin bricks. I know when the yards came, but they still came. Its not like we had back ups out there. I am getting more and more nervous as the game gets closer. we are the big bad Steelers with everything to lose. They are just the Cardinals and no one expected them to be in this game anyways. I think we are the ones with all the pressure.

Thread Information