Thread: Steelers 25 million dollars under the cap for the 2009 season...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steelers 25 million dollars under the cap for the 2009 season...

Just a little tidbit of information looking ahead toward next season. The Steelers should they win the Super Bowl this coming Sunday are going to be poised with that much room under the cap going into next year to make a serious run I believe at back to back titles. All this team needs to do is sure up this offensive line mainly through the draft and possibly plug a hole on the line through free agency if there is some cap space which there appears right now that there should be. Plus, with a not so hard schedule next season looking at it right now, I believe the Steelers are going to be in great shape next season as well to make another strong run at the Super Bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Just a little tidbit of information looking ahead toward next season. The Steelers should they win the Super Bowl this coming Sunday are going to be poised with that much room under the cap going into next year to make a serious run I believe at back to back titles. All this team needs to do is sure up this offensive line mainly through the draft and possibly plug a hole on the line through free agency if there is some cap space which there appears right now that there should be. Plus, with a not so hard schedule next season looking at it right now, I believe the Steelers are going to be in great shape next season as well to make another strong run at the Super Bowl...
    I think we should draft two offensive linemen, and look for one in free agency. That ought to get our offensive line moving in the right direction again.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Does that 25M include next years increase in cap?

I suspect the Steelers will do what they always do. Nothing foolish. No sinning big name players to inflated contracts. See Dallas, Washington, and Seattle (hasn't worked for them). If I recall correctly there is not a lot of quality free agent lineman this year but it would be nice if they can find a couple character guys for the o-line, 1 for the d-line, re-sign Mcfadden...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Is that number accurate?......I have read that the Steelers cap space is anywhere from 19-22 million on various sites....and as low as 15........But regardless the team isn't in cap hell and with Big Ben and this defense then this team should be in the running in the AFC crown every year in the near future......Like you said OL is the biggest need.....I rank kick returner as the next biggest need......Youth along the DL would be sweet to......

Draft Pick
    Let's just try and win this weekend first!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

Wow , you don't mind looking ahead do ya Steel buddy? Our o-line will be fine ,you just watch this Sunday and see. Sure they can shop around. This o-line **** will cease after the Super Bowl!!!!!!! How you use your o-line , is just as important as who those lineman are!!!! Can't we get over that , even when we are in the Superbowl?

Thread Information