Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O-line still the weakest link

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

O-line still the weakest link

If we had a better O-line that game wouldn't have been close. Lots of mistakes and missed blocks in that game. These guys simply cannot keep guys out of our backfield whether it be a running plays or pass protection. If anything this game supported that the O-line is still the weakest link. Inopportune penalties, failure to get any push on short yardage, missed blocks in pass pro, we once again won in spite of these guys not because of them. Our team was good enough to overcome its weakness. Gotta fix this line and when we do, look out. We will contend for years to come!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    In the first half they really did a good job I though, they were picking up blitzers and Parker was getting some good solid runs in. Things started falling apart though midway through the 3rd quarter and they just didn't recover. It's an area that is top priority in this offseason though there is no doubt.

Like Ben said on the podium last night though.."Hey O line, who's laughing now"! LOL

Our o-line is still better than about half of the teams in the league. They do get exposed against good teams though.

They have had their bad days, but looking back at all the other games this one was one of their bests.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Thank God it's time for the draft!!!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I think with any other QB we would not have been in the SB let alone won it. Ben rocks, and he's my MVP...

Let's enjoy the win at least a day before the complaining and crying like little girls starts again.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by hemhorragingblk+gld View Post
    Let's enjoy the win at least a day before the complaining and crying like little girls starts again.

Nobody is whining or crying. I have found that usually the kool-aid drinkers who get upset when somebody critisizes the team are generally the bandwagon fans. Why don't you call the front office and tell them we are foregoing this years draft because we have no weaknesses and plan on fielding the same exact 53 players we had this year. Having been a fan now for 4 decades I will say what I have to say and if you don't like it feel free to move on to other threads.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Our o-line wasn't the weak link yesterday. It was our secondarys condintioning. They were spent and gave up like 200 yards in the 4th.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I thought the offense played well the first half for the most part then went way too conservative in the second half with the lead. I was swearing the whole second half for them to go for the kill and stop just trying to run the clock down!! Cards O is too good to just keep giving them chances to get back in the game as we all saw.

Thread Information