Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How can they say Kurt Warner is a better QB???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty

How can they say Kurt Warner is a better QB???

Ok so i'm fired up listening to this damn Red Zone on Sirius Radio...Just because Kurt Warner is going to the Super Bowl for the 2nd time in the ENTIRE career and he had ONE good year in many years please tell me how this makes him a better QB then Ben??? They are saying that if it's a high scoring game the Cardinals will win, if it's a low scoring game Steelers will win...I mean their Defense is not even close to ours! Ben is hot! The Oline is playing so much better, Santonio is hot!! Hines will be back!! I mean come on! They are talking about a better offense in the Cardinals BUT yes our offiense suffered and is almost last in the league in the beginning of the season, well now we are scoring and we scored well against the #2 defense in the league last week, how can they say Cardinals will win if the scoring is high???? This is Bens 2nd Super Bowl in 4 years!! Doesnt' that make him a better QB?? AND they were benching Kurt Warner at the beginning of the year, I know he's playing well now but how does this make him the better QB???? Please tell me????? I need to turn the Red Zone off now!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok......this is Kurt Warner's third Super Bowl appearance.......The Rams beat the Titans in 1999 and then the Rams lost to the Pats in 2001.....He is 1-1 as a starting QB in the Super Bowl and 8-2 in the post-season overall........Plus Warner has won multiple NFL MVP awards........Warner's stat line from this year was 4,583 passing yards with 30 TD passes and only 14 INT's.....Warner also completed 67 percent of his passes.....So he had a much better season then Big Ben this year....I also think Ben was hampered by a bum shoulder this year but it is what is......

I'm not going to mention Warner's career stats and compare them to Ben......Remember Ben is only in his fifth season so really Ben's best football is still to come.....

But I would rank Kurt Warner the better QB right now.....But I would like to see Ben with Warner's WR's........Ward, Holmes, and Washington are solid but Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston are the best WR core in the NFL........

My Mood
    Chatty
    My point is it's been a very long time and he's not accomplished as much as Ben has done in the short time he's been an NFL QB. While it's quite impressive, I can't say he's the better QB NOW....

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    My point is it's been a very long time and he's accomplished as much as Ben has done in the short time he's been an NFL QB. While it's quite impressive, I can't say he's the better QB NOW....
    Kurt Warner had 4,500+ yards while completing 67 percent of his passes with 30 TD passes and only 14 INT's.....Plus he had a great post season......Kurt Warner has been consistently the best QB in the NFL this season.....I just don't how anybody can deny that this year...lol

You think its a knock on Ben when people say Warner is better but its not since Warner had a great year.....

I could make a case for you're argument if the Cards with Warner went one and down in the post-season.....But when you factor in Warner's regular season and post-season together its not even close.....

I ask so what if Warner is better?.....We have the better overall team...lol

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok......this is Kurt Warner's third Super Bowl appearance.......The Rams beat the Titans in 1999 and then the Rams lost to the Pats in 2001.....He is 1-1 as a starting QB in the Super Bowl and 8-2 in the post-season overall........Plus Warner has won multiple NFL MVP awards........Warner's stat line from this year was 4,583 passing yards with 30 TD passes and only 14 INT's.....Warner also completed 67 percent of his passes.....So he had a much better season then Big Ben this year....I also think Ben was hampered by a bum shoulder this year but it is what is......

I'm not going to mention Warner's career stats and compare them to Ben......Remember Ben is only in his fifth season so really Ben's best football is still to come.....

But I would rank Kurt Warner the better QB right now.....But I would like to see Ben with Warner's WR's........Ward, Holmes, and Washington are solid but Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston are the best WR core in the NFL........
    Stick Warner behind our OL and you can give him Rice, Moss, Fitzgerald and T.O, and he still wont complete shiat. Warner in no way is better then Ben. Not now or ever.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Stick Warner behind our OL and you can give him Rice, Moss, Fitzgerald and T.O, and he still wont complete shiat. Warner in no way is better then Ben. Not now or ever.
    The Cards OL exactly isn't of the NFL's best either...lol Warner gets rid of the ball quickly and is one of the best at reading a blitz.....He also side steps and moves around in the pocket then he use to do....He is far from Ben in that regard but he does enough to avoid a blitz........Its funny again some Steelers fans just can't take that some don't think one of their players is the best......The question was is Warner better right now....When looking at now I'm looking mostly at this season......Sorry its not even close and Kurt Warner was the most consistent QB all season......I also think he was the best QB in the NFL in 2008....Really I don't how anybody can deny that?.....lol

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post

My Mood
    Mad
    The OL, the OL....This is your defense....lol Yea the Card's OL is just filled with all time great players and Pro Bowlers...lol Some of you act if somebody doesn't think Ben is better then Kurt then its a knock on Ben....Its not at all but just pointing out that Kurt Warner did have a great season....I find it just down hilarious that some of you are upset by this....lol Take The Steelers Colored Glasses Off.......Typical of some in our fan base to never give credit to other teams or players......lol

I think Ben is a great QB and I think I have stated many times he is one of top three QB's in the NFL......But injuries limited him this year and he didn't have the season like he did in 2007.....But Ben played through it all and still made the plays to lead this team to the Super Bowl.......He deserves a ton of credit......But he didn't have a better season then Kurt Warner.....Warner played better in the regular season and in the post-season then Ben.....He also had led his team to the Super Bowl......Even if the Steelers win then Warner would have still been the better QB....Ben plays on an overall better team then Warner.....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-23-2009 at 03:33 PM.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Ben is better...I like my rose colored glasses...

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Ben is better...I like my rose colored glasses...
    Wow what a comeback and you really made your point....I actually back up my stance with facts......lol Warner had better stats and has lead his team to the Super Bowl as well.....So for this year Kurt Warner has been the better QB.....Warner has had the individual success and the team success this year......Really as things played Warner should have been the MVP of the NFL.....lol But even if Warner would have won MVP.....Ben would have been better according to some people...lol

I bet you were not even a fan of Ben's before he was a Steeler...Some of us fans (like me) watched him play in college and was a fan of him before he was a Steeler......I told everyone that would listen to me before the 2004 that I was hoping somehow Ben would fall to the Steelers in the draft....So I have been a fan and supported Ben long before he was a Pittsburgh Steeler....He has lived up to my expections of him and then some in his first five years.....But I don't let my homerism effect my judgment on other players......Warner has been the better QB period this year......

Thread Information