Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy, but our WR's are better...

Bookmark and Share

Call me crazy, but our WR's are better...

With all of this hype surrounding the Arizona receivers, I decided to do a little research. While looking at the average yards per catch, I compared our big three to their big three receivers. We are better. That's right, we are better. I shall compare:
    Fitzgerald 14.91 Washington 15.78
    Breaston 13.06 Holmes 14.93
    Boldin 11.66 Ward 12.88

These are yards per catch. The Cardinals are not a good defense. Therfore, we should be able to get our yards per catch without any problem. The Cardinals played in a weak division, in a weak conference. They didnt go against the defenses we seen all year.
    Why isnt anyone talking about our wide receivers? Dunno. But they won't be talking about the Arizona receivers much after next Tuesday.

How many pass yards do you think will Ben and Warner have?

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    ????? Yeah but how many catches?? They, in my mind, have the upper hand at WR, by alot!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Yea, you're crazy......The Steelers WR's are not better.....lol The Steelers have a solid core but that Arizona trio is the best in the NFL......I don't care how you spin the Yards Per Catch stat....But you're comparing Nate Washington to Larry Fitzgerald.....lol Come you're reaching my friend.....

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    The WR's in Arizona are not the best in the NFL. The Steelers have the Best trio. Fitzgerald is the best, but he's only one guy not a trio. Boldin....lol Over-rated, and they have no one else....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    The WR's in Arizona are not the best in the NFL. The Steelers have the Best trio. Fitzgerald is the best, but he's only one guy not a trio. Boldin....lol Over-rated, and they have no one else....
    Yea this isn't the most biased post ever....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-23-2009 at 02:50 PM.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yea this isn't the most biased post ever....
    thats a mean thing to say.....lol

My Mood
    Chatty
    Crazy

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Quote Originally Posted by ToothAche View Post
    With all of this hype surrounding the Arizona receivers, I decided to do a little research. While looking at the average yards per catch, I compared our big three to their big three receivers. We are better. That's right, we are better. I shall compare:
    Boldin 11.66 Ward 12.88

These are yards per catch. The Cardinals are not a good defense. Therfore, we should be able to get our yards per catch without any problem. The Cardinals played in a weak division, in a weak conference. They didnt go against the defenses we seen all year.
    Why isnt anyone talking about our wide receivers? Dunno. But they won't be talking about the Arizona receivers much after next Tuesday.

Your toothache must be from smoking rocks and eating paint chips! And the hype surrounding that wr corp didnt just start this playoff season... its been a couple seasons in the making!!! i like our guys alot... but be serious

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That increased yards per catch is so minute that it doesn't really matter at all. Arizona's WR's create mismatch problems for any secondary in the league no matter who they are. I have no problems with Townsend or Gay going 1 on 1 vs Breaston but the other 2 will be tough to cover so it's imperative that our defense gets to and pressures Warner as often as possible to help them out.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ToothAche View Post
    Boldin 11.66 Ward 12.88

Unlike the rest of our brothers here at SA, I understand what you are trying to say. looking at the schedule for both teams our numbers look good on that piece of paper in front of you. And it shows how good our WR are against the leagues top Defenses. Arizona did not face the challenges we did so you question their greatness over-all...Well, truth is they stack up a bit better, but make no mistake our trio can hang with anyone in the league. We just do things a little different thats all. This is a tough crowd.....lol

Thread Information