Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sweed Is Going To Be Fine

Bookmark and Share
    yeah like ward would take assistant coach money after making all that money as a player, hes got a smile for television lol

sweed will be the next randy moss... he got the speed and height but he needs to catch the ball... maybe nexr year after some time working with ward
    DEFENSE

Next Randy Moss? You ****in crazy, man, you crazy.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    bullshit. if we needed him from day one and threw his *** out there in the first game he would be alot further along now, all hes been doing this season is clean up garbage time. last week was his first game, the first time he wasnt coming in off the bench ice cold. the block was nothing, it was just vicious, heath didnt really benefit from it at all. breaking up that pick in the endzone and catching that one on 3rd down made up for the drop, he came though when we needed him to most and these 2 weeks of practice will have him more ready than ever
    Dude, I don't care if he had gotten a million reps by now, or 12 like he did, there is no way he should have dropped that HUGE pass in the AFCCG. He's supposedly got this pedigree that you all drool over, and he drops the biggest catch of his life. he has been getting reps in practice all year, do you really think two more weeks is going to make a difference? If he catches more than 2 passes in the SB I will be thoroughly surprised, and will be the first to admit I'm wrong.

I think Hines is gonna be about 80%, I'll take an 80% Hines over a 100% Sweed any day of the week.

Atm, obviously id take Hines over Sweed, but Sweed is going to be huge whenever he gets reps. He did drop that ball yes, and he should'nt, but everyone drops passes. Sweed was just stupid to drop just that pass.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    Dude, I don't care if he had gotten a million reps by now, or 12 like he did, there is no way he should have dropped that HUGE pass in the AFCCG. He's supposedly got this pedigree that you all drool over, and he drops the biggest catch of his life. he has been getting reps in practice all year, do you really think two more weeks is going to make a difference? If he catches more than 2 passes in the SB I will be thoroughly surprised, and will be the first to admit I'm wrong.

I think Hines is gonna be about 80%, I'll take an 80% Hines over a 100% Sweed any day of the week.
    game reps are way different than 2nd string practice reps. if you'll take an 80% ward all day, you are probably willing to take a loss as well. I dont know how someone who defends willie parker with their life can be hating on sweed so much, parker wasnt **** until he was thrown into the fire and asked to produce, and parker has reached his ceiling, sweed isnt even close to reaching his potential. i think he'll be a game changer on sunday

With Sweed on the field this Sunday, it will take away some coverage off Holmes, Ward, and Washington. If we are in a four-wide set there's a good chance we are in a situation where we really need a catch. Going to Sweed could be our best option considering our other three will be blanketed. If Ben has confidence in Limas, he could be our best weapon.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I hope your right K, but I'm on the fence. I think the big game nerves he will have might produce what we've seen in the past with his dropsies. He botched that toss that Lefty fired in there as well vs the Titans. He can't catch the wide open ones. Until proven otherwise, high ceiling or not.. right now he's a faster, taller Cedric Wilson, lol.

even cedric wilson came up big for us once in a while lol

he knows how big of a deal that drop was, he knows what hes gotta do, the team including ben are on his side. hes gonna be out there on sports biggest stage and be itching to make a big play to clear his name. hes played in a NC before and he dominated. im not saying hes gonna dominate but i do really think that he comes up big for us before would let us down again

Sweed will be called on a lot this game, Ward will be limited.....I said it if we win it'll be someone we least expect that comes up big!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information