Thread: This Super Bowl reminds me a lot of the Rams Super Bowl in 79...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

This Super Bowl reminds me a lot of the Rams Super Bowl in 79...

There is just a lot of similarities when you stop and think about it. The Rams were a Cinderella Super Bowl team that year much like the Cardinals are this season, and I believe are the only other NFL team other then the Cards this season to make it to the Super Bowl with a record of 9-7 in the regular season. Nobody gave the Rams a chance in that game lead by their QB Vince Ferragamo and they actually ended up playing the game in Los Angelas and it was a home game for the Rams. But in the end the final score of that game was 34-19 I believe with the Steelers pulling away in the 4th quarter. I just look for a similar game this time with the Steelers and Cards with the Steelers winning by a final score of 31-17 when all is said and done...

funny I was saying the same thing almost word for word to a co-worker earlier this week

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I never got that feeling. To me I feels more like when the 85 Patriots (Cardinals) took on the 85 Bears (Steelers)....and got crushed kinda like when I step on **** roach....lol

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I think the defense will play a very good game, as long as the D-Fence doesn't make a (mental) mistake and let Boldin or LF make us pay for it!! play smart and we should win... K Wizz will have Offense's number for a few plays, but I think we will be able to move the ball, they will not do more than 60 yards on the ground unless it comes off of a fluke gadget play. I think 24-20

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As long as we come out on top I don't care what they compare it too You are correct though it does seem to have that same feeling as the Rams super bowl did. Let's hope it ends the same way for us!

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Just like Roadkill had mentioned, I was saying the same thing to my brother about the similarities with the Steeler/Rams super bowl. The Steelers were also 12-4 in the 1979 regular season. The Rams were actually leading 19 to 17 going into the 4th quarter until the Steelers scored two touchdowns, one a Stallworth TD and the other set up by a nice Stallworth catch I believe. 31 to 19 final score. That's the first superbowl that I remember somewhat (I was seven years old). Man, to me, its surreal anytime the Steelers are in the superbowl and this time it is not any different than the other two times(XXX, XL) since I've been of age. Its just awesome to be able to watch a legendary team play ball on the biggest stage. I can not wait.
    Last edited by Moondog; 01-24-2009 at 12:40 AM.

I remember that SB well. Yes it is similar but I'm a lot more nervous this time around. For a couple reasons, back than the Steelers had already been the dominate team for 5 or 6 years. The feeling before the games wasn't will they win. It was simply how many will they win by?

This team hasn't accomplished what that 79 team did yet. That along with Warner a future HOF'r or Vince Ferragamo? I'm way more concerned about Warner.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information