Thread: NBA playoff predictions

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

NBA playoff predictions

i like making predictions on playoffs before the seasons start.....i made this thread at my forum, but i wanted to see what y'all think so i'm bringing it here too lol....... remember the top 4 teams (division winners and the next team with the best record) will be seeded in order of win loses, the three division winners are no longer guaranteed a top 3 seed

WEST:

1. Mavs- the youth of this team will get them the first seed

2. Spurs- the veteran leadership will have them behind the mavs by a game

3. Suns- they'll win the division and be 4 games behind the spurs and 5
    behind the mavs

4. Denver- they'll win the weak division they are in but barely, the wolves will give them a run for their money

5. clippers- they are a good team, and with last years season, they know what it's like to win and will continue it

6. rockets- a healthy yao and t-mac will be great for them, bonzi is having problems right now though, but they'll get the 6th

7. lakers- kobe should be enough to get em in, but he has no true consistent help so this is where i see them at

8. t-wolves- this seed is a toss up, it's gonna be a sub .500 team here. but i give it to kg, he's happy finally and they seem to have a good team set up this year

possible 8th seeds: sonics, jazz, kings, and hornets

EAST:

1. bulls- i think it'll be a fight, i would give it to the cavs but i'm not sure if bron bron can totally get them 1st place because he doesn't have that great of role players, he has decent ones but i'm not sure they can stay healthy all season. and the bulls have a lot of good players now that play good together.

2. cavs- bron bron will get them here, but i'm not sure if hughes can stay healthy all season so that's why i say they don't win the division

3. heat- they'll get this high cause it's a weak conference even though are the current nba champions

4. nets- they'll win the division with ease

5. pistons- they are weaker but with such a weak conference they'll get this high, even though i hope they get lower cause i have a 30 dollar (real money) bet with lyn that they won't get any higher then the sixth seed

6. pacers- with the addition of harrington it should be enough for them to get at least the 6th.....if jermiane can stay healthy too, they'll be pretty damn good

7. magic- dwight howard is gonna be a beast, he was badass last season, but he'll be a beast this year, i wanna put them higher, but i'm not sure they know how to win just yet

8. wizards- they get this by default cause it's such a horribly weak conference, and arneas is good enough to get them here lol

possible 8th seeds: sixers, raptors, and the celtics but they'll all be under .500
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Wow!!! The Bulls as a number 1 seed!!! They might have made some key pickups in the off season but I don't se them as a 1, maybe in that 4,5,6 range though. Other than that I could agree with everything else.

The Bulls as a #1 is like the Media picking the Dolphins to go the Super bowl IMO

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i just did it cause the eastern conference is horrible.....the champs may reside there but it's just a garbage conference and the refs handed them the championship

every team has dropped off big time....shaq is on the verge of washed up, he won't be that good this season.....the pistons have no one anyone will fear in the middle anymore....they'll get scored on at will........the nets are in the weakest division of all pro sports so they'll be in the top four by default....i want to say the cavs win it, but their main role player doesn't stay healthy, and i read his finger still ain't good.......the bulls have good players that have been playing together for awhile and now they add someone that was the heart and soul or their division rivals....he'll get them playing better.....i'm not saying they'll win it all, but in that conference it's not a reach saying they'll get the top seed

The East is definitely the weakest division. You can take the bottom teams in West every year and put them in the east and they easily make the playoffs!

The East is up for grabs though...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    yup, it sure is up for grabs, but i couldn't have everyone number 1 lol.....i just gave it to them cause i like the make up of the team, and the fact that they stole the heart and soul of their division rival

Ben was a huge pickup for them, I never thought that would happen!

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    My Predictons
    East

1.Bulls
    2.Wizards
    3.Nets
    4.Cavs
    5.Heat
    6.Pistons
    7.Pacers
    8.Magic

West

1.Spurs
    2.Mavs
    3.Suns
    4.Denver
    5.T-Wolves
    6.Kings
    7.Rockets
    8.Clippers
    Last edited by SteelCityMan786; 11-01-2006 at 09:47 PM.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    i am Going with the Cavs vs suns in the Finals

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    the point of this thread was to see who you think will make the playoffs and what seeds they'll get.....finals predictions don't come till playoff time

Thread Information