Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sets Steelers Fans Apart!

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

What sets Steelers Fans Apart!

I am sitting on my couch recovering from last nights game. I was thinking about the ode to the fans by many of the players last night.
    This morning I heard on Mike and Mike that they were talking about how the Steelers fanchise perhaps was the best franchise in all of sports.
    So I started thinking about this---What makes Steelers Fans the best in Sports?
    One thing----When you watch team highlight film--like I am watching right now Super Bowl XL---I am getting teary eyed!
    I almost broke down and cried last night.....we are in with this team 24/7 365 days a year.
    If we could attend team meetings at Heinz Field we would. We go to war every football Sunday.
    It is unlike any Yankee's following or Redsox following.
    Oh well I need to stop, so I am going to key up last nights game and get ready to watch it again......

I watched the Super Bowl XL this past week too. I'm gonna watch the "History of the Steelers" DVD at some point this week. We're definately 365, there are aticles about the team in all the papers year-round, and for the playoffs they get their own section of the paper. There was a commercial the other day for a Pitt news channel and they had the options that you could have texted to you cell phone in these categories: "News, weather, Steelers, Sports" in that order. Stephen King's book "Faithful" is a good story of a season-long Red Sox fan (yes, it's non-fiction) and it definately reminded me of the Steelers. NFL Network? We could... no we should have a Steelers Network.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I think what sets us apart is we are an extention of the owner. For the most part our fans have class. Also we have had great success over the years, and the owner puts out a great product. I think we are who we are because of the Rooney's. This franchise grows because of them, and we follow because we know they go the extra mile for us. We as fans love that, and it makes us better.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    When Tomlin stood up and spoke during the trophy presentation and yelled to the crowd "I absolutely love you guys" that says a lot, makes you proud to be a fan for sure!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    When Tomlin stood up and spoke during the trophy presentation and yelled to the crowd "I absolutely love you guys" that says a lot, makes you proud to be a fan for sure!
    he made me feel like he was talking to me....I got a little misty...

There has not been one second that Tomlin has been here and has seemed satisfied. Every press conference he's saying "One game at a time, only thing that matters is the Super Bowl".. If and when he wins I want to see how he reacts, I have no idea what it'll be like I am really looking forward to that oppurtunity. Will he smile, laugh, just yell "Our goal is the Super Bowl next year!" or do a polka in the middle of the field without his shirt on? I feel like it could ben any one of those.

Should we win in Tampa, I am curious to see how tomlin reacts. I almost screamed out "WE love you too!" when he said that.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    WE ARE WHO THEY THOUGHT WE WERE!!!!!!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    That gave me chills.

I also agree with Dean, the ownership sets us apart. They put great teams on the field and do it without bringing in superstars that are garbage for society, ala owens, Pac-Man and J.Lewis. And letting the garbage go, Plax.

Also the TERRIBLE TOWEL, visually sets us apart

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

I was watching this video

and it came to me that we Steeler Fans are as intense as he was playing, and folks that's a hard act to follow!
    Hoooooooooaaaaaaaah
    Last edited by eltoroviejo; 01-19-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Thread Information