Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O-line Back To Its Same Old Dysfunctional Self

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

O-line Back To Its Same Old Dysfunctional Self

Once again our O-line showed us why we will be picking O-lineman in this years draft. I thought their play was terrible. Lots of missed assignments. How bout that sack Ben took when Max Starks reacted like he was in slow motion as the edge rush went right on bye? This O-line will ensure that the SB is a close game.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    that's why i wasn't to impressed with them when they played well last week, it was the chargers, put a good defense in front of them and they show their suckiness....... but i'm not to impress with the cards defense they allow to many points, so i think our oline will do fine..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Establishing the run is going to be huge in the Super Bowl....I don't want the Steelers to get into a shoot out with the Cards......That will play into the Cards hands....

The o-line is mediocre and for the Steelers to have a truly awesome day that entire Steelers o-line needs to be in the zone and playing the game of their lives!

Today against the Ravens they just looked lost and confused... I'm not sure they even knew where the Ravens were coming from sometimes.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    The o-line is mediocre and for the Steelers to have a truly awesome day that entire Steelers o-line needs to be in the zone and playing the game of their lives!

Today against the Ravens they just looked lost and confused... I'm not sure they even knew where the Ravens were coming from sometimes.
    But it is the Ravens! They are the second best defence in the league! Their whole defence revolves around surprise attacks, keeping you on your feet and not knowing where the pass rusher is coming from. I think we handled it well enough (given our mediocre O line), in particular I liked how Ben read the blitz and the O line and backs adjusted accordingly. Hopefully more of the same next week, without the stellar Ravens D, the O line should naturally perform better.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The ratbirds have the #2 defense and their pass rush is wicked good so it's no wonder we sucked in protection in the 2nd half. the first half they were actually doing fairly decent. The Cardinal pass rush is nowhere near as potent as the Ravens, or their Defense in general.

Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    But it is the Ravens! They are the second best defence in the league! Their whole defence revolves around surprise attacks, keeping you on your feet and not knowing where the pass rusher is coming from. I think we handled it well enough (given our mediocre O line), in particular I liked how Ben read the blitz and the O line and backs adjusted accordingly. Hopefully more of the same next week, without the stellar Ravens D, the O line should naturally perform better.
    Which is why they are mediocre... if the Steeler o-line was great they would have man handled the Ravens and Parker would have had 100 yards and Ben wouldn't have been sacked.

The o-line did just enough to cost the Steelers the game today.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    At this point the OL is what it is.....Ben has defied the odds really with OL to even reach the Super Bowl....We're just going to have believe in Ben to defy the odds one more time....Then in the off-season.....Memo to Tomlin/Colbert get Ben some damn OL that can block....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They had 4 sacks today, it's not like that's anything new. Let's face they are good and our OL is average at best as we all know. Ben knows what he needs to do and these guys have gone up against the best all year long so the Cards won't throw anything at them they haven't seen already it's just a matter of execution and for God sakes if Colon gets 1 more false start Im going to throw up!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Our O-Line an Offensive play calling has been killing us all year

Thread Information