Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: ESPN Is A Joke-Get Ready Steelers Nation For A Storm

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by CNY_STEELER_FAN View Post
    Chris Berman (on ESPN) just picked Rats to win 16 - 15 ... with little reason to back it up, seemed he was buying into the it's hard to beat teams 3 times in a season.

    I don't think it's hard to beat same team 3 times in a season, IF one team is clearly better.
    Forget the fact that he picked the Ravens, just predicting 5 field goals from one team is unresonable enough.
    16-15, idiot.

  2. #32
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    All season? Really? What ESPN were you watching? Their analysts jumped on the bandwagon after the Dallas game cause they realized they would look like fools if they didn't start boarding soon. None of their analyst picked Pittsburgh to do a damn thing with the schedule the Steelers had (which isn't unreasonable considering the brutality of the schedule).

    And still, many are questioning the Steelers and are picking the Ravens. And the one who are picking the Steelers are half-assed picking them:

    "The Steelers SHOULD win, but that Ravens team is very very dangerous"

    Don't worry, once "media boy" Big Gay Ray retires, you'll enjoy "small market complex" as well cause the media won't even spit on you once he's gone unless Flacco turns into Tom Brady.
    So Chris "5o-50" Berman is who you are basing your opinion on. He is right maybe half of the time and usually bases his picks off of what other experts are NOT picking.

    Read this- and I'd love to see how you can then justify your complain about "experts" picking against the Steelers. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,6511304.story

    And for those who say there is such a negative bias towards your team- how do you figure this. Do you really think a team with such a big fanbase (and thereby increasing marketing potential) is going to be a target of negative publicity for no good reason??

    http://splog.nationallampoon.com/art...-the-dark-side

    Quote Originally Posted by CNY_STEELER_FAN View Post
    Chris Berman (on ESPN) just picked Rats to win 16 - 15 ... with little reason to back it up, seemed he was buying into the it's hard to beat teams 3 times in a season.

    I don't think it's hard to beat same team 3 times in a season, IF one team is clearly better.
    With all due respect, what games have your been watching this season?? If you think your team is CLEARLY that much better, than I seriously question your football IQ. YOu've been extremely gutsy and resourceful, yes... but the way both games have ended- for you to say that is pretty ignorant.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    So Chris "5o-50" Berman is who you are basing your opinion on. He is right maybe half of the time and usually bases his picks off of what other experts are NOT picking.

    Read this- and I'd love to see how you can then justify your complain about "experts" picking against the Steelers. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,6511304.story

    And for those who say there is such a negative bias towards your team- how do you figure this. Do you really think a team with such a big fanbase (and thereby increasing marketing potential) is going to be a target of negative publicity for no good reason??

    http://splog.nationallampoon.com/art...-the-dark-side
    I never mentioned Berman in my response to you. Read before you write. And that article was written January 17th. I already said to you, they all jumped on the bandwagon after the the Steelers/Cowboys game cause they all realized the Steelers were not only definitely making the playoffs at that point, but would probably be a higher seed, so they all changed their tune so they wouldn't look like idiots. Before that game, before the start of the season and all season long, MOST ESPN analysts did not pick the Steelers to do anything.

    --- Added 1/17/2009 at 02:16 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    With all due respect, what games have your been watching this season?? If you think your team is CLEARLY that much better, than I seriously question your football IQ. YOu've been extremely gutsy and resourceful, yes... but the way both games have ended- for you to say that is pretty ignorant.
    Your quarterback is a rookie who is 20-45 with 1 TD in 2 playoff games. This will be his FIRST AFC championship game, attended, let alone played in, IN Pittsburgh.

    2 ways the Ravens win:

    1) Our offense beats us like it tried to the first 2 times we played you.

    2) A sporting miracle occurs.

  4. #34
    BlitzburghNation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hazard,Ky
    Posts
    7,874
    Dam,,,,,didn't know we got RATS Better get Top Gun to call an exterminator

    RATS are good for 2 things,,,,,,,,Flapping there jaws and getting there by the pittsburgh steelers !

  5. #35
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I never mentioned Berman in my response to you. Read before you write. And that article was written January 17th. I already said to you, they all jumped on the bandwagon after the the Steelers/Cowboys game cause they all realized the Steelers were not only definitely making the playoffs at that point, but would probably be a higher seed, so they all changed their tune so they wouldn't look like idiots. Before that game, before the start of the season and all season long, MOST ESPN analysts did not pick the Steelers to do anything.

    --- Added 1/17/2009 at 02:16 PM ---



    Your quarterback is a rookie who is 20-45 with 1 TD in 2 playoff games. This will be his FIRST AFC championship game, attended, let alone played in, IN Pittsburgh.

    2 ways the Ravens win:

    1) Our offense beats us like it tried to the first 2 times we played you.

    2) A sporting miracle occurs.
    Someone else mentioned Berman- and you basically said all espn analysts are against you- so I pointed out the only one who Ive heard not pick you this week.

    As far as our quarterback numbers- they don't tell the story. I'd think a Steelers fan of all people would realize that.

    To your point # 1) Of course I wouldn't expect you to give the Ravens defense credit for anything... it has to all be the Steelers making mistakes. I guess you have quickly forgotten that in the last game between us Flacco barely overthrew a wide open Mason in the endzone TWICE. Both teams missed some opportunities, not just the Steelers.

    Up until now, I've called your 91 and 3/4 yard drive in the final minutes of that game amazing.. but for sake of argument, I'll call that a miracle... since that's what you seem to think it will take for us to win.. another joke.

    I love the fact that you are already making excuses and taking cheap shots JUST IN CASE "a miracle" happens. After hearing from a good many educated fans on here to this point- it's disappointing to hear this kind of one sided homerism again.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    Someone else mentioned Berman- and you basically said all espn analysts are against you- so I pointed out the only one who Ive heard not pick you this week.
    Them picking the Steelers now that their are 4 teams left doesn't cancel out the season long hate they have had. If you want to play blind boy and act as if ESPN analysts (minues Merrill Hoge) ever give the Steelers respect, go ahead. Like I said, wait until Media boy Big Gay Ray retires, see how much ESPN talks about your team after that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    As far as our quarterback numbers- they don't tell the story. I'd think a Steelers fan of all people would realize that.
    You're right, they don't tell the story, it's a miracle that Flacco doesn't have multiple interceptions in his 2 playoff games. Two throws in the Tennessee game alone were easy interceptions, lucky for him the Titans didn't show up to play that day. I promise the Steelers will show up to play and if Flacco makes the same throws he made against Tennessee, the game will be over quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    To your point # 1) Of course I wouldn't expect you to give the Ravens defense credit for anything... it has to all be the Steelers making mistakes. I guess you have quickly forgotten that in the last game between us Flacco barely overthrew a wide open Mason in the endzone TWICE. Both teams missed some opportunities, not just the Steelers.

    Up until now, I've called your 91 and 3/4 yard drive in the final minutes of that game amazing.. but for sake of argument, I'll call that a miracle... since that's what you seem to think it will take for us to win.. another joke.

    I love the fact that you are already making excuses and taking cheap shots JUST IN CASE "a miracle" happens. After hearing from a good many educated fans on here to this point- it's disappointing to hear this kind of one sided homerism again.
    Listen, I'm not here to impress you with respectful credit for your team. Sporting miracles occur all the time, the fact that the media spins it into an actual win is the media;

    a) showing respect for the team that pulled out the upset so they can get interviews and coverage of that team. If they were to say, "The team that won didn't deserve to win" or "The team that lost beat itself" or "The team that won got lucky", the winning team would shut out those media members and the network they work for, so they are careful of what they say and will always sugarcoat bulls#$% wins and just concentrate all coverage on the team that won, not on how bad the losing team played.

    b) Fans would start to lose respect for sports if they were to be made aware of how big of a role luck plays over the course of a single game.

    Case in point, Arizona did not beat Carolina, Jake "King of Inconsistency" Delhomme single handedly lost the game. NO! Arizona's defense is not actually better than everyone thought. NO! Arizona's defense is not better than the numbers say. AND NO! Arizona's defense has not stepped it up. Delhomme lost the game, simple as that.

    So back to our game. If the Steelers lose, it will be because the Steelers offense f#$%ed up and not because Baltimore's offense beat the Steelers defense.

    It will take mistakes from the Steelers offense or lucky bounces and rolls for the Ravens to win because they simply are not a better team and their quarterback is a f#$%ing rookie, simple as that.

  7. #37
    Rookie Free Agent CNY_STEELER_FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    106
    I mentioned Berman, not the OP. He had no sound reasoning to back his pick, and as someone else mentioned, Berman was about .500 for picks during the regular season, not a great track record.

    So, it's just a supplemental argument to the OP's argument in regards to ESPN.

    Oh, and last I checked, football games were 60 minutes (longer, if you count overtime or shorter if the refs don't call delay of game). Play hard for the full 60, and you should always be able to say the better team won.
    Last edited by CNY_STEELER_FAN; 01-18-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: grammer correction

  8. #38
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Them picking the Steelers now that their are 4 teams left doesn't cancel out the season long hate they have had. If you want to play blind boy and act as if ESPN analysts (minues Merrill Hoge) ever give the Steelers respect, go ahead. Like I said, wait until Media boy Big Gay Ray retires, see how much ESPN talks about your team after that.



    You're right, they don't tell the story, it's a miracle that Flacco doesn't have multiple interceptions in his 2 playoff games. Two throws in the Tennessee game alone were easy interceptions, lucky for him the Titans didn't show up to play that day. I promise the Steelers will show up to play and if Flacco makes the same throws he made against Tennessee, the game will be over quick.



    Listen, I'm not here to impress you with respectful credit for your team. Sporting miracles occur all the time, the fact that the media spins it into an actual win is the media;

    a) showing respect for the team that pulled out the upset so they can get interviews and coverage of that team. If they were to say, "The team that won didn't deserve to win" or "The team that lost beat itself" or "The team that won got lucky", the winning team would shut out those media members and the network they work for, so they are careful of what they say and will always sugarcoat bulls#$% wins and just concentrate all coverage on the team that won, not on how bad the losing team played.

    b) Fans would start to lose respect for sports if they were to be made aware of how big of a role luck plays over the course of a single game.

    Case in point, Arizona did not beat Carolina, Jake "King of Inconsistency" Delhomme single handedly lost the game. NO! Arizona's defense is not actually better than everyone thought. NO! Arizona's defense is not better than the numbers say. AND NO! Arizona's defense has not stepped it up. Delhomme lost the game, simple as that.

    So back to our game. If the Steelers lose, it will be because the Steelers offense f#$%ed up and not because Baltimore's offense beat the Steelers defense.

    It will take mistakes from the Steelers offense or lucky bounces and rolls for the Ravens to win because they simply are not a better team and their quarterback is a f#$%ing rookie, simple as that.
    LOL- read what you just said and then go back and look at some of the wins you have gotten this year. YOu claim a lack of respect but when you won games this year that you probably shouldn't have it was always "Our defense won the game", or, "Our quarterback was clutch." You can't have it both ways bro. Everything you said is extremely hypocritical.

    You talk about lucky bounces- but I've seen the Steelers get countless "lucky" bounces this year that swung games, if that's what you want to cvall them when they happen for anyone else. Hell- in BOTH games against San Diego you need a botched punt to bounce off a Charger to pull the wins out- moreso in the 1st matchup than the 2nd.. but still. I could go on and on and pick apart games- but you obviously have no sense of reason- so I won't waste my time.

    I guess it's good to be in your shoes though. Either you win and you get to say "I told you so", or you lose and you already have your excuses. NO disrespect to all the fans on here who have been cool and respectful- but you are a joke.

    and PS- Not sure what TWO throws you are talking about ni the Tennessee game.. he had only one that was even remotely close to being intercepted in that game- against Miami he had one that shouldve- that's it.... but go ahead and try to discredit our win against Tennessee-I'm sure you tried to discredit the Titans when they beat you guys as well. LOL- the more I think about your comments the more I laugh
    Last edited by Ravenous Rex; 01-18-2009 at 03:31 PM.

  9. #39
    Rookie Free Agent SteelFanInIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    111
    Hey Rex......you're #1 lol
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    LOL- read what you just said and then go back and look at some of the wins you have gotten this year. YOu claim a lack of respect but when you won games this year that you probably shouldn't have it was always "Our defense won the game", or, "Our quarterback was clutch." You can't have it both ways bro. Everything you said is extremely hypocritical.

    You talk about lucky bounces- but I've seen the Steelers get countless "lucky" bounces this year that swung games, if that's what you want to cvall them when they happen for anyone else. Hell- in BOTH games against San Diego you need a botched punt to bounce off a Charger to pull the wins out- moreso in the 1st matchup than the 2nd.. but still. I could go on and on and pick apart games- but you obviously have no sense of reason- so I won't waste my time.

    I guess it's good to be in your shoes though. Either you win and you get to say "I told you so", or you lose and you already have your excuses. NO disrespect to all the fans on here who have been cool and respectful- but you are a joke.

    and PS- Not sure what TWO throws you are talking about ni the Tennessee game.. he had only one that was even remotely close to being intercepted in that game- against Miami he had one that shouldve- that's it.... but go ahead and try to discredit our win against Tennessee-I'm sure you tried to discredit the Titans when they beat you guys as well. LOL- the more I think about your comments the more I laugh
    You still laughing? Cause I am

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steeler/Cowboys... Dynasties Revisited
    By Deb in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2009, 09:44 PM
  2. Steelers Q & A: Scott Brown answers your questions
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
  3. Gospel
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
  4. Face it, Steelers mediocre
    By Captcoolhand in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 10:33 AM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •