Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Is A Joke-Get Ready Steelers Nation For A Storm

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    Oh, so it was switching to a 3-4 defense that suddenly made Harrison an all-pro? Gotcha. That 4-3 made him so look so bad he got cut 3 times by you- and then more recently by us... but wait, WE run a 3-4 defense in Baltimore as well- so not sure if that argument flies. Yeah, I guess my half brain missed that one.
    Who "switched" to a 3-4? Pittsburgh's had a 3-4 since before the Ravens existed, they've won 5 Super Bowls with it, LeBeau is pretty generally acknowledged to be the guy who does it the best.

Regardless, the article has nothing to do with the defense, it also never says that the Steelers ever took HGH.

I think that most Steeler fans will acknowledge that performance enhanching items were taken by the 70's teams WHEN THEY WERE LEGAL.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by blackngold29 View Post
    Who "switched" to a 3-4? Pittsburgh's had a 3-4 since before the Ravens existed, they've won 5 Super Bowls with it, LeBeau is pretty generally acknowledged to be the guy who does it the best.

Regardless, the article has nothing to do with the defense, it also never says that the Steelers ever took HGH.

I think that most Steeler fans will acknowledge that performance enhanching items were taken by the 70's teams WHEN THEY WERE LEGAL.
    The Steelers ran a 4-3 in the 1970's.......L.C. Greenwood, Mean Joe Greene, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White were the 4 DL for most of those Super Bowls.....I don't think White was there for all four....

The Steelers switched to the 3-4 in the early 1980's....Either 1983 or 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Steelers ran a 4-3 in the 1970's.......L.C. Greenwood, Mean Joe Greene, Ernie Holmes and Dwight White were the 4 DL for most of those Super Bowls.....I don't think White was there for all four....

The Steelers switched to the 3-4 in the early 1980's....Either 1983 or 1984
    Really? I thought they did, though I've only seen the old highlights. MY BAD! Though nowadays, sometimes it looks more like they run a 5-2.

I read the whole article and am confused about that little box on the right that says, "Pittsburgh's Past." It says Fish will discuss his stories on ESPN on Friday, January 15th. First, the 15th has passed, and then it wasn't even a friday. I'm assuming it's a typo and is supposed to say the 16th. Anyone know if it was on at 3pm?

Banned
    ESPN producers and writers meeting:

"So we don't have any playoff games on ESPN or ABC right?"

"Of course not"

"TO not in the playoffs?"

"No"

"Brett Favre not in the playoffs?"

"Nope"

"Has a black guy ever won the AFC championship before?"

"AFC championship and Superbowl"

"Has anyone said anything racist lately?"

"no"

"Can we get someone to say something racist?"

"We've tried"

"Can we overhype a black quarterback?"

"He was overhyped 5 years ago and him fighting with another black player since then has made him appear less black at this point"

"Can we overhype a rookie quarterback?"

"He's 20-45 with 1 TD pass, it's not working too well"

"Any of the players kids or family members mentally or physically handicap?"

"We only use that in emergency situations"

"Well what do you call this?"

"We can always make up something really negative about the small market team that doesn't have any media friendly players and that all of our analysts have always talked badly about and have not picked them to win anything all season?"

"Perfect, use HGH, we can never get proved wrong since no one oversees the garbage the media spews and there is no real test for HGH anyway"

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    ESPN producers and writers meeting:

"So we don't have any playoff games on ESPN or ABC right?"

"Of course not"

"TO not in the playoffs?"

"No"

"Brett Favre not in the playoffs?"

"Nope"

"Has a black guy ever won the AFC championship before?"

"AFC championship and Superbowl"

"Has anyone said anything racist lately?"

"no"

"Can we get someone to say something racist?"

"We've tried"

"Can we overhype a black quarterback?"

"He was overhyped 5 years ago and him fighting with another black player since then has made him appear less black at this point"

"Can we overhype a rookie quarterback?"

"He's 20-45 with 1 TD pass, it's not working too well"

"Any of the players kids or family members mentally or physically handicap?"

"We only use that in emergency situations"

"Well what do you call this?"

"We can always make up something really negative about the small market team that doesn't have any media friendly players and that all of our analysts have always talked badly about and have not picked them to win anything all season?"

"Perfect, use HGH, we can never get proved wrong since no one oversees the garbage the media spews and there is no real test for HGH anyway"
    That's pretty funny.. but you aren't being serious when you say noone has ever had anything nice to say about Pittsburgh on ESPN are you? Maybe it's a small market complex that every city suffers from- but from where I sit, most of the analysts there have gushed over the Steelers for most of the season- and are most certainly picking them this weekend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    That's pretty funny.. but you aren't being serious when you say noone has ever had anything nice to say about Pittsburgh on ESPN are you? Maybe it's a small market complex that every city suffers from- but from where I sit, most of the analysts there have gushed over the Steelers for most of the season- and are most certainly picking them this weekend.
    All season? Really? What ESPN were you watching? Their analysts jumped on the bandwagon after the Dallas game cause they realized they would look like fools if they didn't start boarding soon. None of their analyst picked Pittsburgh to do a damn thing with the schedule the Steelers had (which isn't unreasonable considering the brutality of the schedule).

And still, many are questioning the Steelers and are picking the Ravens. And the one who are picking the Steelers are half-assed picking them:

"The Steelers SHOULD win, but that Ravens team is very very dangerous"

Don't worry, once "media boy" Big Gay Ray retires, you'll enjoy "small market complex" as well cause the media won't even spit on you once he's gone unless Flacco turns into Tom Brady.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    ESPN are the bandwagon jumpers, they just ride with the flavor of the week. Its a ****ing joke to see how they can ride a teams jock, talk negative about everyone else but the minute "their" fave team folds, they jump on the next team thats doing something and act like they've had their backs all year.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Rookie Free Agent CNY_STEELER_FAN's Avatar
    Chris Berman (on ESPN) just picked Rats to win 16 - 15 ... with little reason to back it up, seemed he was buying into the it's hard to beat teams 3 times in a season.

I don't think it's hard to beat same team 3 times in a season, IF one team is clearly better.

Quote Originally Posted by CNY_STEELER_FAN View Post
    Chris Berman (on ESPN) just picked Rats to win 16 - 15 ... with little reason to back it up, seemed he was buying into the it's hard to beat teams 3 times in a season.

I don't think it's hard to beat same team 3 times in a season, IF one team is clearly better.
    The team winning the first two actually has the advantage...I think someone on here has the stats on it... I think it an 11/ 7 margin third wins vs. losses.
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Thread Information