Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This link just might interest you

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    HUH?

EXCUSE ME???? What the hell have you've been watching lately? What about that helmet to helmet hit to Ben that caused a mild concussion? Oh get the hell out of here, even the tripping call and the rough the kicker call was bogus BS. Don't go lecturing me about sounding like a Hawk Fan. DAMN!!!
    That's exactly what you sound like. The hit has been reviewed, and decided to be clean (considering Ben was moving - helmet to helmet can't be flagged). The refs didn't 'rob' us of anything. The Steelers didn't execute. Just as the Seahawks didn't do in Super Bowl XL, refs or not.

Imagine a cake.

Now, you can either have it, or you can eat it. Your choice.

House of Steel
    Whatever! by the way your a rookie, you think your damn cocky, you got another thing coming.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Whatever! by the way your a rookie, you think your damn cocky, you got another thing coming.
    Interesting.

Well, congrats for being a veteran on this board. I'm sure your family is proud of you for such an illustrious career on this message board

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't agree that the hit on Ben shouldn't have been a flag no matter what the NFL says. I have seen flags for far less. But I do agree that play nor the refs cost us that game. You keep turning the ball over and you will lose, period! I don't think the refs have had anything to do with us winning or losing any game since the Thanksgiving Day coin toss!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I posted the thread because I have been on an NFL message board where a YEAR later, (and I'm sure it'll still be happening 50 yrs from now)the 'Hawks fans are STILL going on about the Super Bowl and how they were robbed of the trophy.

In fact, they have "picture" proof of all the so-called "bad calls". For instance, one where they SAY their guy made a TD. I showed the pic to my two boys, but covered up the uniforms so that neither would be biased--my oldest is a Steelers fan, youngest is a Browns fan--he hates the Steelers, so I didn't want one sayin "oh yeah, that's a TD, and the other sayin "it's not". I asked them if "that" was a TD or not. They both stared intently, and within a few seconds said "no way that's a TD, why, who is it"?

In this thread, I wanted to point out that as much as they'd like to think otherwise, it doesn't just happen against the 'Hawks--Steelers fans have felt the sting of bad calls in MANY games. In fact, it probably happens to every team at some time during the season, but it certainly wasn't bad reffing that cost the 'Hawks the SB.

While I did feel that the refs were a bit biased in the Falcons game, I certainly never said that bad refs cost us the game. I can own up to when our guys just don't get the job done, and they didn't that day, and I've said as much in other threads on here. I've also said it before--if they play well enough, it will overcome some bad calls (reference Indy game last year).

But for those that bookmarked (and will enjoy) the link, I'm glad I posted it--I have it bookmarked as well--it will be a fun site to visit after the games. It's just a for fun "reference" on how the refs do from week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
    I posted the thread because I have been on an NFL message board where a YEAR later, (and I'm sure it'll still be happening 50 yrs from now)the 'Hawks fans are STILL going on about the Super Bowl and how they were robbed of the trophy.

In fact, they have "picture" proof of all the so-called "bad calls". For instance, one where they SAY their guy made a TD. I showed the pic to my two boys, but covered up the uniforms so that neither would be biased--my oldest is a Steelers fan, youngest is a Browns fan--he hates the Steelers, so I didn't want one sayin "oh yeah, that's a TD, and the other sayin "it's not". I asked them if "that" was a TD or not. They both stared intently, and within a few seconds said "no way that's a TD, why, who is it"?

In this thread, I wanted to point out that as much as they'd like to think otherwise, it doesn't just happen against the 'Hawks--Steelers fans have felt the sting of bad calls in MANY games. In fact, it probably happens to every team at some time during the season, but it certainly wasn't bad reffing that cost the 'Hawks the SB.

While I did feel that the refs were a bit biased in the Falcons game, I certainly never said that bad refs cost us the game. I can own up to when our guys just don't get the job done, and they didn't that day, and I've said as much in other threads on here. I've also said it before--if they play well enough, it will overcome some bad calls (reference Indy game last year).

But for those that bookmarked (and will enjoy) the link, I'm glad I posted it--I have it bookmarked as well--it will be a fun site to visit after the games. It's just a for fun "reference" on how the refs do from week to week.
    Good posting. This post I strongly agree with, every single word. What I had a problem with was saying that 'We were robbed' by the refs or things of that nature. That is highly inaccurate, and makes you no better than the 'Hawks fans that we all heard from last off-season.

Thread Information