Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants Open to Return of Plaxico Burress

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Giants Open to Return of Plaxico Burress

Giants Open to Return of Plaxico Burress

Posted Jan 12th 2009 6:30AM by Michael David Smith (author feed)
    Filed under: Giants

The New York Giants' season is over, and when they look back on this year, Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the leg will stand alone as the moment that transformed them from defending champs and No. 1 team in the league to just another postseason also ran.

But that doesn't mean the Giants are done with Burress. In fact, Giants general manager Jerry Reese said it's "absolutely" possible that Burress could be a Giant in 2009, and he told the New York Daily News that he thinks Burress is a huge part of the offense.

Continue Reading Giants Open to Return of Plaxico Burress

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Gee, ya think....lol

Don't he have jail time? no way he can get out of this.

Yes he has a good chance of being in jail and not on the field. Even if he is available to be back, they are nuts to keep him. Not just because he cost his team a chance at repeating by shooting himself but because his attitude sucks. Missing practices, not calling in ect..... No one man is bigger than the team, cut his *** and move on.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Speaking of Jail, I heard Vick will be out this summer and more than likely reinstated for the 2009 Season.Wonder who would pick him up?.. One of the 3 i bet...Oakland,Detriot, or Cleveland..lol, Vick celebrating a TD in the Dogg Pound..now that's funny..
    Last edited by ItAintEasyBeingPeazy; 01-12-2009 at 08:27 PM.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Rookie Free Agent Black n Gold Panties's Avatar
    Maybe they will just use him for breeding
    You will pry my towel from my cold dead hands

My Mood
    Addicted
    This just proves Teams will do anything to win

Rookie Free Agent CNY_STEELER_FAN's Avatar
    I thought it spoke volumes about San Diego, when Holmes got in trouble, Steelers took care of business (even though it was against the Giants). Bolt's Jackson gets a DUI (which in my opinion, is a bit worse, since it puts more people in danger) and he still plays.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Plax on any of the following teams:
    > Raiders - he can get paid to do nothing, if he can deal with Al Davis
    > Cowboys - they seem to like troubled receivers
    > Bengals - they seem to like ex-cons

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Don't he have jail time? no way he can get out of this.
    I would be shocked if he did more than 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Yes he has a good chance of being in jail and not on the field. Even if he is available to be back, they are nuts to keep him. Not just because he cost his team a chance at repeating by shooting himself but because his attitude sucks. Missing practices, not calling in ect..... No one man is bigger than the team, cut his *** and move on.
    Eli Manning is as good as you without Burress. The Giants front office and coaching staff caught onto this fact last season and are smart enough to know that at this point in Eli's career, no Burress=worthless Eli. Boldin would help conceal Eli's shittyness a little, but still not like Burress.

Quote Originally Posted by 60 Minute Man View Post
    This just proves Teams will do anything to win
    Most, it's pretty sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by CNY_STEELER_FAN View Post
    I thought it spoke volumes about San Diego, when Holmes got in trouble, Steelers took care of business (even though it was against the Giants). Bolt's Jackson gets a DUI (which in my opinion, is a bit worse, since it puts more people in danger) and he still plays.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Plax on any of the following teams:
    > Raiders - he can get paid to do nothing, if he can deal with Al Davis
    > Cowboys - they seem to like troubled receivers
    > Bengals - they seem to like ex-cons
    It spoke volumes about the Giants also, holding Burress out for just the first quarter against us, once Coughlin saw they couldn't do a single thing offensively, he brought him in for the rest of the game despite Burress embarassing Coughlin and the team earlier that week. Meanwhile we didn't even allow Holmes to suit up.

Letting Vincent Jackson play was classless but expected. Although it's kind of annoying that the league and media turn a blind eye to DUI's, especially during playoff time. He should've been suspended.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    When I heard what manning said, I`m thinking that he was doing the right thing,he thought. How would you like to be the QB, and say something like " Screw that guy, he should rot in hell" then your front office rings him back? That would suck! I think manning is just going along with the program. Beside plax is good, he isn`t even great, so who cares?

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information