Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line Played Solid Game

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Offensive Line Played Solid Game

I have been one of the biggest critics of our offensive line this year. I still believe this is our biggest need for next year draft. Having said that I will give credit where credit is due, they played a great game today! They were opening up some nice running lanes for Willie and they also protected Ben. My game ball would go to the offensive line.

Carey Davis would be my "Chump" of the game. Can the dude ever break a tackle and make a first down? I counted at least 5 opportunities and he failed on every single one of them. Perhaps a FB should be on our list of needs for draft day. Somehow I can't imagine that Dan Kreider would have come up empty on all those opportunities!

Bring on those Ratbirds!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    I have been one of the biggest critics of our offensive line this year. I still believe this is our biggest need for next year draft. Having said that I will give credit where credit is due, they played a great game today! They were opening up some nice running lanes for Willie and they also protected Ben. My game ball would go to the offensive line.

Carey Davis would be my "Chump" of the game. Can the dude ever break a tackle and make a first down? I counted at least 5 opportunities and he failed on every single one of them. Perhaps a FB should be on our list of needs for draft day. Somehow I can't imagine that Dan Kreider would have come up empty on all those opportunities!

Bring on those Ratbirds!

The line has come to together here over the last month and counting and you can tell that they really have been making a collective effort to get better each and every week. The meetings as Hartwig's house every week certainly appear to be paying dividends and playing a big part in the Steelers improvement on the line. I agree with you on Davis as well. He was WAY and I mean WAY too much of a factor on offense in this game this week especially on key 3rd down plays, and dont even get me started with the decision to give the ball to him on 4th down from the half inch line with the knockout punch on the line. It was inexcusable by Arians and Tomlin to use Davis in those situations and a huge slap in the face in my opinion to guys like Parker,Moore,and Russell who have earned the right to be put in those kind of situation and have had a huge amount more success then a stiff like Davis has or ever will have. Carey Davis better not even sniff a major offense play next week where it involves him touching the ball much less putting your faith in him to score a touchdown. The bottom line is once again it was inexcusable and pathetic play-calling by Arians to use Davis on the 4th and goal situation.

The line did play well today!! We have all been waiting for a game like this,BUT this was against an 8-8 team. I will be a helluva lot more impressed if they do this next week !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Ya I agree they did play A LOT better then we've been seeing, but I think the whole team did an excellent job. Everybody stepped up and made plays, we even got a kick return for a touchdown on special teams and I cant even remember the last time I've seen that. I have always been one to knock our special teams and return game, but I think today it looked like we got back to Steeler football. Willie Parker I think is my break through player of the day, but I gotta give it up for the O-Line, they have defenatley gotten better and couldnt have come at a more perfect time!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Almost brought a tear to my eye to see the pocket they developed most of the game for Ben (not sure Ben knew what to DO with that kind of time/protection lol) and the way they opened up some lanes for the RBs--it was just awesome to see!!

Edited to say I LOVED the block that Ben made as well , and that NFL.com has a poll up about the final four teams and who fans think will win it...Steelers lead with 35%...
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 01-12-2009 at 03:52 AM.

The line was impressive today! They held their own, protected Ben and cleared the way for Willie and the stat column shows that.

let's just hope the momentum continues next week!

Banned
    Roethlisberger had nearly 3 seconds on nearly every pass play, it was a thing of beauty. I can't see us losing if the line can do 75% of what it did today for the next 2 games.

I really think they were coached up to hold a little more this game. basically go out see if they call any choke holds on whoever is blocking Harrison and if not send Max out there and tell him to choke the guy. Max really looked like that was what he was doing which is great if you have an official team that is not going to call it. Also the guards were really laying some nice holes for Willie early in the game.

I also think this was a great game Plan. It looked like they were really trying to use gameplan to keep Ben upright and run Willie. One of the first times all year I thought it appeared like there was a plan and the team knw what we were going to do all day.
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

Rookie Free Agent I Steel Believe's Avatar
    Yeah it was a pretty good job by the O-line. We moved the ball pretty good on SD last time we played them too, we just couldn'tt seem to punch it in.
    I'm still feeling like the OP does, that this still shoulod be top priority to upgrade in the offseason. But maybe now we don't neccessarily need to make as drastic changes along the O-line as I initially feared would be neccessary.
    This O-line is playing at their absolute max level right now I think. A level that they won't match week in and week out, but hopefully for 2 more games.

My Mood
    Happy

My Social Networks

Add snowman79 on Facebook
    Hey hats off to the O line great job they kept Ben healthy let him work his magic and we have shown we are more than a match for anyone.

"FREEDOM DOES NOT COME FREE"

Thread Information