Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Math!

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Steelers Math!

Great Defense + Great Offense = Championships.

Our defense was stellar again. I expect one early drive every game, then lights out. No exception today. Most of SD yards were when the game was out of reach.
    Defense A- today

Our Offense came alive again today. Ben always plays better when we can establish the run. For the second straight game, FWP looked sharp. Ben threw deep with accuracy today, time after time. The deep ball to Washington was right on the money.
    Arains I thought finally coached a good game. Play calling was good, nice routes for three recievers sets. And alot of play action passing.
    Offense A-

Coaching - Tomlins fake punt was, so so. I actually like the fact that he had the balls at the time to try. But that play would need some players to actually block. And on fourth and goal, up by 11. I would have kicked the ball for a 14 point lead. But our defense came up huge again.

Special teams - Didn`t attempt any FG, but extra points and Ko went well. Punting Berger put his *** into today, his best day yet. And Ben had a great punt. Then there was the huge return from Holmes, awesome.
    ST - A+

Was the bye week good or bad. Good! We are ready, we know the ratbirds, we are at home.

5 rings + One this season - A record 6 Rings.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    IMO he should have never called that fake punt, the Chargers were ready for it and on your own side of the field there's no way I'd have called that but he trusts our defense and they came through for us.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I think like the announcers said, the Chargers had a block on,it was just bad timing to make that call (fake punt). As far as Arians goes,going with Davis instead of McHugh was plain stupid. the play calling was ok, the difference between today and other games was execution and the play of the O'line.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    Great Defense + Great Offense = Championships.

Our defense was stellar again. I expect one early drive every game, then lights out. No exception today. Most of SD yards were when the game was out of reach.
    Defense A- today

Our Offense came alive again today. Ben always plays better when we can establish the run. For the second straight game, FWP looked sharp. Ben threw deep with accuracy today, time after time. The deep ball to Washington was right on the money.
    Arains I thought finally coached a good game. Play calling was good, nice routes for three recievers sets. And alot of play action passing.
    Offense A-

Coaching - Tomlins fake punt was, so so. I actually like the fact that he had the balls at the time to try. But that play would need some players to actually block. And on fourth and goal, up by 11. I would have kicked the ball for a 14 point lead. But our defense came up huge again.

Special teams - Didn`t attempt any FG, but extra points and Ko went well. Punting Berger put his *** into today, his best day yet. And Ben had a great punt. Then there was the huge return from Holmes, awesome.
    ST - A+

Was the bye week good or bad. Good! We are ready, we know the ratbirds, we are at home.

5 rings + One this season - A record 6 Rings.
    Have to disagree with ya Cleve. Being as close as they were with this D behind them you have to go for the kill on 4th an goal. I didn't like the fake punt myself. At least not where they were on the field and with the score but it worked out ok. Was nice to see some crazy stuff from Mike though!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Overall this was really just a big team win. The offense moved the ball and completely took over in the 2nd half with time of possession and the running game. Ben was clutch every time we needed him.

After that opening drive TD by SD our defense just completely shut them down till the game was out of reach and they scored those 2 late TD's in garbage time. You just have to love the way this team responded with the pressure of the playoffs at hand. You can see too that they believe in Tomlin as their coach and they've got his back no matter what the situation is on the field.

I think going for it was the perfect call too SF; if you don't make it they are at literally their own 1 inch line and our defense is more than capable enough to get a stop and not allow them to drive the length of the field. At that point you have to go for the kill in a situation like that because you know you have the D to back you up if you falter.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I like the dagger mentality. But to go up by two full scores could have been crucial. But the Defense saves the day again. Even Tomlin said in the press conference that he calls his plays knowing that the D will rise to the ocassion

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    I like the dagger mentality. But to go up by two full scores could have been crucial. But the Defense saves the day again. Even Tomlin said in the press conference that he calls his plays knowing that the D will rise to the ocassion
    It really could have. But I'll take losing 3pts and having the opposing O on the 1 yd line any day!......lol Hey, if they can drive 99 yards on this D they deserve to score.

Rookie Free Agent CNY_STEELER_FAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Have to disagree with ya Cleve. Being as close as they were with this D behind them you have to go for the kill on 4th an goal. I didn't like the fake punt myself. At least not where they were on the field and with the score but it worked out ok. Was nice to see some crazy stuff from Mike though!

Hated the fake punt on 4th and 1 ... from our 40 yard line. For one yard, I'd have respected the line up and run it play they were originally going to run before the timeout by the Bolts...since the Bolts called timeout, I'd have just punted it (we lost element of surprise and we forced them to react to us and waste a timeout).

I really liked the confidence in the O line to try on the 4th and goal, and if the runner wasn't almost fumbling the ball, I think we could have gotten in.

My Mood
    Addicted
    With the D that we have, you have to go for it on 4th and goal from the 1. SD went 4 and out but the chances of making a big play with SD's back to the wall were in our favor, granted it didn't happen but I'll take that chance with our defense.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

With our defense ya have the luxury of going for it on 4th and 1 at the goal line, and I also agree if he wasn't muffing the hand off he probably would have scored.

I think the fake punt was also called because of this Defense, when ya know ya have the best Defense it gives you faith to know they will be stopped!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information