Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keys to the game for Steelers-Chargers

Bookmark and Share

Keys to the game for Steelers-Chargers

This is something we might not do for a regular season game, but it's the PLAYOFFS so in-depth analysis it is!

Vic Carucci of NFL.com released this video yesterday afternoon. He really went out on a limb with his key matchups (sarcasm) picking Ben vs. Chargers pass rush and Rivers vs. Steelers D. Obviously the quarterback plays a huge role every game, so who do you think will do better and will the other D be able to adjust?

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like Bens chances against the Chargers defense, i think the Steelers will confuse Rivers all day

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I think Ben is the better QB and I think our Def is by far the better of the 2 units. However, our OL showed us last time against the Chargers and all season that they have a hard time protecting Ben for more then 2 seconds. In this I think the Chargers are going to do a better job giving their QB the time he needs, but at the end of the day, Ben will have the better QB rating. So rivers will do better against the pass rush, but Ben will do better over all. This is my unbiased opinion....

What stood out for me was that he compared to QB's against eachother HOWEVER! (capz), there was a difference. He thought Big Ben only had to watch out for the Chargers pass-rush, while Rivers had to watch out for the whole Steelers defence. That is right on. Ben will get sacked at least 3 times this sunday, mark it down. But Rivers will get sacked at least 2 times aswell, and he will get picked at least 2 times aswell.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    He bottom-lined it pretty good. Ben plays all game, we have a better chance and should win. That means pass protection or quick drops. I'm guessing quick drops would be a better bet.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Its going to come down to splash plays, and who makes them. I would think at home, our Def would be the unit. I see Rivers not only getting sacked, fumbling the ball and throwing a couple INT's, I seem him being hurried all day long. Splash bitches....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Its going to come down to splash plays, and who makes them. I would think at home, our Def would be the unit. I see Rivers not only getting sacked, fumbling the ball and throwing a couple INT's, I seem him being hurried all day long. Splash bitches....lol

Bob Poppa on sirius yeaterday was saying that he had a gut feeling that pittsburgh would dominate this game I kinda feel the same

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post

Bob Poppa on sirius yeaterday was saying that he had a gut feeling that pittsburgh would dominate this game I kinda feel the same
    I would think that most radio, TV and any other form of hype machine would be picking the Steelers. They always seem to be the sexy pick. The only time I have ever had doubts was the year they won this last superbowl.....lol I believe they were 17 point favorites against the Chargers in 1994, and lost by 4. What are the odds so far? I would think today the Steelers would be picked by 10. These guys on the Radio and what not, always do this because the Steelers are favored, they are at home, and they win more then the Chargers. Steelers are the safe pick.

Rookie Free Agent tuggysteel822's Avatar
    its gonna be a good game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Another matchup to watch is Harrison vs the Chargers LT and how often they put a TE over there to help out. I would also expect any time they have a back with Rivers that his first responsibility is to chip Harrison if he gets through. This is a game I'd like to see Wood get a couple sacks and really get after Rivers because he won't get much of the double team like Harrison will.

The chargers will try and run the ball with Sproles but I wouln't be surprised if they open up the game with spreading us out and trying to attack with a quick passing game and multiple WR's to slow down the pass rush.

Thread Information