Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roethlisberger Says Falcon Taunted Him...

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
    I've read articles where even the sports writers call it an "illegal hit" like it's fact...
    I've read several as well. When Trent Green was hit, there was this big hoopla over how the hit was made, and the head ref had to come on NFL network and explain why it wasn't flagged. But even though several writers have called this hit on Big Ben illegal, said it was helmet to helmet, called it a "late" hit not ONE of those writers mentioned the fact that it wasn't flagged, or even asked the question "why"?

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning took hard hits this past week too, but did the guys responsible get flagged for it? I haven't gotten to see either of those games yet to find out.

Well I didn't know about those other hits, maybe those dam zebras just ain't calling it. That is one rule that should be strictly enforced, not just because a quaterback,any player. Trent's hit I don't believe was intentional, and I can't really say Ben's hit was dirty, just hard football, just got to try and stop helmet to helmet hits!!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Well whatever the taunting was....I believe Karma will get that player. there should be a certain amount of respect for your teamates and from what I read the player that was responsible for the taunting showed quite a lack of respect for a fellow player.

They should be fined for the head to head and they still may be. I really hope so, but sometimes it seems as a fine is not enough for some of these guys to quit playing dirty.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Yeah I've been wondering about this since the hit. The fact that there has been no flag or fine is ridiculous. And now it comes out that the guy taunted Ben, which suggests he did it on purpose. This guy should be fined and suspended. Concussions are not something to mess around with. You could not only end a guy's career, but screw up his life after football too. I'm glad Ben's going to remember that guy, and I hope he gets a chance at some revenge.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

I want to see Ben do the little thing that "Sunshine" did in Remember the Titans That would be freaking awesome! Seriously though, what could Ben possibbly do to get back at this person?

It is a little odd there hasn't been anything said about the hit, the Media is claiming it was illegal... I guess you don't get those breaks when your the defending Super Bowl Champions!!
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 10-26-2006 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I want to see Ben do the little thing that "Sunshine" did in Remember the Titans That would be freaking awesome! Seriously though, what could Ben possibbly do to get back at this person?

It is a little odd there hasn't been anything said about the hit, the Media is claiming it was illegal... I guess you don't those breaks when your the defending Super Bowl Champions!!
    Well, torching their defense for 300 yards and 3-5 TDs would be a good way of getting revenge. Either that or knocking the guy on his *** with a block on a running play like Kordell Stewart did to a Ravens D-lineman once. That's always effective because you know the guy's teammates would never let him forget about getting owned by a QB!
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Thread Information