Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers - Chargers

Bookmark and Share

Steelers - Chargers

How about it guys? We have beat them once, but it is a different Chargers team who're facing us next sunday. They have got their runninggame going, and Gates/Rivers is a killer combi atm. Plus, are we capable of putting points on the board against a defence which have started to play football again.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    How about it guys? We have beat them once, but it is a different Chargers team who're facing us next sunday. They have got their runninggame going, and Gates/Rivers is a killer combi atm. Plus, are we capable of putting points on the board against a defence which have started to play football again.
    Sproles is a back up despite how good the Chargers rush scheme is. Gates is there only receiver and Rivers is in no ay a mobile QB who can easily be forced into a bad game with defensive pressure. The defense was ranked 25th overall and Norv Turner has 1 playoff win in his career.

If we can't beat the Chargers then I wouldn't want to play Tennessee or Baltimore anyway.

Not at all who I was expecting to face, but all I can say is BRING EM ON!!!!!!!!! Should be a fun game. It all will hinge on how Ben plays, imo.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Sproles is a back up despite how good the Chargers rush scheme is. Gates is there only receiver and Rivers is in no ay a mobile QB who can easily be forced into a bad game with defensive pressure. The defense was ranked 25th overall and Norv Turner has 1 playoff win in his career.

If we can't beat the Chargers then I wouldn't want to play Tennessee or Baltimore anyway.
    I agree keep in mind the Chargers barely made it into the playoffs and were getting rolled by the Chiefs down in Kansas City a few weeks ago before making a miracle comeback to win that game and needing a fg miss at the end of the game by Kansas City to win that game to stay alive. I dont think a guy like Sproles will be enough to beat the Steelers defense next week. The weather is not going to be the same next week in Pittsburgh as it was last night in San Diego. The Chargers are going to need LT in this game I feel if they are going to have a legit chance to come into Pittsburgh and win. I think the Steelers defense should be able to contain Rivers enough and shut down the Chargers passing game to where it wont be the reason they beat them. With that being said, I believe that Darren Sproles will just not be enough I feel to beat this Steelers D.

We win if Ben doesn't turn the ball over numerous times

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    One more thing here looking at the stats from the last game in November the Steelers had 124 yards rushing and 286 passing. Parker had 115 yards rushing which was offset by the 115 penalty yards. If we get a fairly officiated game and can put the ball in the endzone we should beat the Chargers without much of a problem.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sproles will be shut down by our defense......LT really can't be counted on to be effective in this upcoming game....I defense proved they could handle Rivers the last time.....I'm not even worried about Sproles in the return game since our coverage units are vastly improved......I'm not worried about the Chargers defense since we moved the ball on them.....We really shot ourselves in the foot that game with penalties....We had 13 to the Chargers 1......Plus didn't both OLB's for the Chargers leave the Colts game last night?......If both are nicked up for the game then that should play a factor to.....

Still I think it will be a close game and the Steelers will win 20-13...

Its all about how Big Ben will do he needs to bring his A game from here out or we will not go any where. Our Defense will keep us in the game we need Ben to win it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Early outlook on the weather for next weekend according to this link below will definitely give the Steelers an advantage as far as that is concerned. Keep in mind the Chargers are not a very good cold weather team and have been absolutely horrific this season playing on the East Coast.

http://www.weather.com/weather/exten...m_ite=CityPage

The Steelers D will definetly be able to step up and be big during these playoff games. I'm just worried about the conservative play calling that will be going on and thats going to make or break us. Ben did amazing in the playoffs last year and I think he'll do good again espcially with this defense to back him up. I just hope our running game is back when we beat the browns even tho it was the browns we still proved to ourselves it could be done.

The Chargers rely on thier high powered offense and the Steelers are probelly the only team that is going to stop it. We just have to watch thier blitzing scemes and contain Sproles on special teams

Thread Information