Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers - Chargers

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Steelers - Chargers

How about it guys? We have beat them once, but it is a different Chargers team who're facing us next sunday. They have got their runninggame going, and Gates/Rivers is a killer combi atm. Plus, are we capable of putting points on the board against a defence which have started to play football again.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    How about it guys? We have beat them once, but it is a different Chargers team who're facing us next sunday. They have got their runninggame going, and Gates/Rivers is a killer combi atm. Plus, are we capable of putting points on the board against a defence which have started to play football again.
    Sproles is a back up despite how good the Chargers rush scheme is. Gates is there only receiver and Rivers is in no ay a mobile QB who can easily be forced into a bad game with defensive pressure. The defense was ranked 25th overall and Norv Turner has 1 playoff win in his career.

If we can't beat the Chargers then I wouldn't want to play Tennessee or Baltimore anyway.

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Sproles is a back up despite how good the Chargers rush scheme is. Gates is there only receiver and Rivers is in no ay a mobile QB who can easily be forced into a bad game with defensive pressure. The defense was ranked 25th overall and Norv Turner has 1 playoff win in his career.

If we can't beat the Chargers then I wouldn't want to play Tennessee or Baltimore anyway.
    I agree keep in mind the Chargers barely made it into the playoffs and were getting rolled by the Chiefs down in Kansas City a few weeks ago before making a miracle comeback to win that game and needing a fg miss at the end of the game by Kansas City to win that game to stay alive. I dont think a guy like Sproles will be enough to beat the Steelers defense next week. The weather is not going to be the same next week in Pittsburgh as it was last night in San Diego. The Chargers are going to need LT in this game I feel if they are going to have a legit chance to come into Pittsburgh and win. I think the Steelers defense should be able to contain Rivers enough and shut down the Chargers passing game to where it wont be the reason they beat them. With that being said, I believe that Darren Sproles will just not be enough I feel to beat this Steelers D.

whoa, gates didn't even come close to the season that vincent jackson had for us as a receiver, jackson had a 1000 yard season with 7 td's and not to mention a high ankle sprain that kept chris chambers out, before the injury rivers\chambers connection was a affective one.

and actually norv turner won 2 playoff games last years (tennessee,indy) and counting this year that makes 3.

--- Added 1/5/2009 at 03:44 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by popstaala View Post
    it will be an easy game for the steelers.... our defense will shut them down.... and all we need is for our offense to score some points or maybe kick field goals...

you know whats funny, that's exactly what colts fans said last week on their forum.

There's nothing wrong with being confident...But let's not underestimate the opposition. We need to treat this game as if these jag-offs are 17-0.
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFanInIL View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being confident...But let's not underestimate the opposition. We need to treat this game as if these jag-offs are 17-0.
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt86 View Post
    whoa, gates didn't even come close to the season that vincent jackson had for us as a receiver, jackson had a 1000 yard season with 7 td's and not to mention a high ankle sprain that kept chris chambers out, before the injury rivers\chambers connection was a affective one.

and actually norv turner won 2 playoff games last years (tennessee,indy) and counting this year that makes 3.
    whoa, you're absolutely right, he has 4 playoff wins in his career actually including Saturdays, my mistake. Chambers is 55 years old and any receiver in the league would have 1,000 yards had they played against Kansas City, Denver and Oakland a total of 6 times. I'll rephrase, Gates is your BEST receiver. If the Steelers defense allows Vincent Jackson to be any kind of factor then I'll call it a gross choke job.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt86 View Post
    you know whats funny, that's exactly what colts fans said last week on their forum.
    It's nice having another teams number huh? Too bad for the Chargers that they can't play the Colts for 4 straight games to win the Superbowl. Too bad for the Chargers we're not the Colts.

Like I said, if we can't beat your 8-8 "playoff" team then I don't want to face real playoff teams like Baltimore or Tennessee any way.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 01-05-2009 at 10:00 AM.

whoa, you're absolutely right, he has 4 playoff wins in his career actually including Saturdays, my mistake. Chambers is 55 years old and any receiver in the league would have 1,000 yards had they played against Kansas City, Denver and Oakland a total of 6 times. I'll rephrase, Gates is your BEST receiver. If the Steelers defense allows Vincent Jackson to be any kind of factor then I'll call it a gross choke job.

It's nice having another teams number huh? Too bad for the Chargers that they can't play the Colts for 4 straight games to win the Superbowl. Too bad for the Chargers we're not the Colts.

Like I said, if we can't beat your 8-8 "playoff" team then I don't want to face real playoff teams like Baltimore or Tennessee any way.
    I love your confidence and I'm with ya but that's what everybody said about us in 05 right up till the SB when we became the favorite.
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelFanInIL View Post
    I love your confidence and I'm with ya but that's what everybody said about us in 05 right up till the SB when we became the favorite.
    Only the biased media thought the 05' Steelers had no chance. Or, only the biased media and NFL DIDN'T WANT the Steelers to have a chance.

I on the other hand am a perfectly unbiased Steelers fan

One thing that Mike Tomlin does better than Bill Cowher: he never lets his players get caught up in the hype. He keeps them focused, and they prepare for all teams the same way. I doubt the Steelers are overlooking the Chargers.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Thread Information