Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Advance to the AFCCG

Bookmark and Share

Ravens Advance to the AFCCG

Now that the Ravens have advanced to the AFCCG they have history on their side in a not so good way... First only 1 team in the NFL history has ever went to the Super Bowl as the #6 seed, that being the Steelers. Second... a Rookie QB has never lead his team to the Super Bowl. The Ravens have so much negative history behind them I feel whoever tehy play in the AFCCG will be the team that goes to the Super Bowl

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    we come in tomorrow night... take care of biz

Balt and ten beat each other up

AFC Champ game @ home in Pittsburgh, i love the football gods and i love it when a plan comes together!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Now that the Ravens have advanced to the AFCCG they have history on their side in a not so good way... First only 1 team in the NFL history has ever went to the Super Bowl as the #6 seed, that being the Steelers. Second... a Rookie QB has never lead his team to the Super Bowl. The Ravens have so much negative history behind them I feel whoever tehy play in the AFCCG will be the team that goes to the Super Bowl
    Let's get there first and win tomorrow and we can discuss it. I told everybody on here that Tennessee winning that game against the Steelers 3 weeks ago would work to their disadvantage because they would get the Ravens first.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Let's get there first and win tomorrow and we can discuss it. I told everybody on here that Tennessee winning that game against the Steelers 3 weeks ago would work to their disadvantage because they would get the Ravens first.
    I never said it was going to be the Steelers I like to think of the worst possible outcome that way my hopes aren't up.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well i feel we are going to the superbowl, i really do an i think we will play the Giants, I'm not looking ahead but everything is in out hands, an the way the Defense has been playing i just don't see us losing no more this year

we have get some momentum going on this game against the bolts... cause the ratbirds will be coming in with alot of confidence and momentum... If ben comes in to play, everyone on our team including Defense and ST will go superman mode.
    DEFENSE

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    All we have to do is come into tomorrows game focused and take care of business. The Ratbirds gave up 391 yards to the Titans today, outside linebacker Terrell Suggs suffered a sprained right shoulder and missed the second half, CB Samari Rolle left the game in the second half with a groin injury. Keep an eye on those injuries during the week plus, the one RB we can't really stop, McClain has a bad ankle.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 60 Minute Man View Post
    Well i feel we are going to the superbowl, i really do an i think we will play the Giants, I'm not looking ahead but everything is in out hands, an the way the Defense has been playing i just don't see us losing no more this year
    In Big Ben's rookie season, an ALL PENN STATE SB was on the cards if you recall. Don't be surprised if the Eagles pop the G-Men. Steelers looking the goods on the 'health' side and 'touch wood' that the momentum carries on another couple games.
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

As Has Been the Case Since the Dawn of Man, Ravens Only as Good as Their Defense

As Has Been the Case Since the Dawn of Man, Ravens Only as Good as Their Defense

Posted Jan 10th 2009 9:25PM by Ryan Wilson (author feed)
    Filed under: Ravens, AFC North, NFL Fans, NFL Playoffs

As has been the case since, well, the Ravens relocated from Cleveland back in '96, this team is only as good as its defense. That was never more evident than during the 2000 Super Bowl run. Eight years later, Baltimore is 60 minutes away from the championship game thanks largely to its defense. Shocking, I know.

Unlike the '00 team, this year's version has some semblance of an offense. Trent Dilfer was game-manager-tastic, and one of Brian Billick's biggest mistakes as head coach was releasing Dilfer to bring in Elvis Grbac. But new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has done a fabulous job of protecting Joe Flacco (did you know he's the first rookie to ever win TWO playoff games!?) with a punishing running game and play-action passes.

Flacco isn't easily rattled, and that quality has served him well. But he's also benefited from the knowledge that the Ravens can score 14 points a game and win. The defense held opponents to fewer than two touchdowns 10 times during the regular season, and have allowed just nine and 10 points in two playoff games. Not too shabby.

Continue Reading As Has Been the Case Since the Dawn of Man, Ravens Only as Good as Their Defense

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Play clock was at zero for crucial Ravens first down

Play clock was at zero for crucial Ravens first down

By Chris Chase

Another game, another officiating error in the NFL. On a key 3rd and 2 with 2:52 remaining in today's divisional playoff game between the Baltimore Ravens and Tennessee Titans, the play clock clearly expired well before Joe Flacco received the snap, but no delay of game call came from the officials.
    The Ravens converted the first down on a long pass to Todd Heap, and ended up kicking the game winning field goal later in the drive.
    It's not uncommon for officials to miss the play clock hitting zero, but when they do the ball is snapped nearly immediately afterwards. On this play, the ball was snapped 1.35 seconds after the play clock expired (yes, I timed it). That might sound trivial, but it's really, really not. It's a long time. Watch the replay, it's preposterous how long the back judge had to make the call.
    This doesn't excuse the Titans for giving up the first down on the 3rd and 2. Nor is it intended to suggest that the Ravens couldn't have converted on 3rd and 7 after the penalty. The point is, they should have had to.

Thread Information