Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Establishing the Run important next week?

Bookmark and Share
    Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Establishing the Run important next week?

After watching this Wildcard weekend games, if teams where able to establish a running game and not just Bruce Arians way of thinking. (The passing game)They won.

Just looks at the stats....

Anyone else notice a trend here?

Will the Steelers still be able to win with the Passing Game if we can't get some type of running game going next week?

If the Steelers use the Pass to set up the run, How come we mostly only see run, run, run, punt what seems 80% of the time.

Not being able to establish a running game in the playoffs will not win you games. If we lose because Bruce "Arrogant" Arians dumb ***, He should be fired first thing Monday morning.

Ok, I'm sounding like a broken record here....
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Its very doable to run against Chargers, and we have to. Big Ben is, most likely, going to be a bit rusty and i would rather not have him throwing 70% of the time. Run it down their throath to setup the pass. Gotta keep their offence off the field aswell.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Starter
    Yeah, I dont see why its so hard for the alleged offensive coordinator to call a balanced game. I think that we have the potential to be a good offense, but not with how predictable the playcalling is. Not when the Defense knows what the next play is going to be before its even called lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Funny if you look back at the Super Bowl XL run the Steelers passed to gain the leads early in games and then controlled the clock with the running game......Running the game is important but scoring points and getting the lead is most important.....I really don't care if the Steelers pass or run at this point just as they put points on the board.....The Steelers have been inconsistent with the pass and the run on offense all season......What BA needs to do is not be so damn predictable and actually put his players on offense in situations to succeed with his schemes......

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    As I said in a number of threads ....

Our post season chances will only go as far as our O-line will take us.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

we can fill this thread with 506 pages of what we "should" do but it comes down to what arians actually does.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Like i've said before and firmly believe,,,,,,if "Big Ben doesn't turn the ball over,we win"

Far as establishing the run,,,,,,of-course we need to, but we haven't really done it all year long and won 12 games,,,,,,So with that said,don't care how we win as long as we win

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    Like i've said before and firmly believe,,,,,,if "Big Ben doesn't turn the ball over,we win"

Far as establishing the run,,,,,,of-course we need to, but we haven't really done it all year long and won 12 games,,,,,,So with that said,don't care how we win as long as we win
    That needs to be the MO for this Steelers team and especially Ben and the offense. The formula to win is simple. Let the defense win you the game and tell Ben and the offense DONT SCREW IT UP!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The eagles showed today, pretty much like they have all year long since they don't have any real running game that you can use the short passing game as a running game and effectively move the ball. Arians needs to realize this and not just sit there and try and pound Parker all afternoon. If he has a brain anywhere other then his rear end he'll realize this and not just beat our heads against the wall because you "have to be able to run" to win. If we are successful running then so be it, but let's not be afraid to use the alternatives to move the ball.

Rookie Free Agent I Steel Believe's Avatar
    Mentioned this in another thread, but the conditions will probably affect the effectiveness of both teams pair of "quick backs".
    Play action passing is one thing I think they "want" to do, and I think that's why they try to establish the run first. When they can't, they're left with predictable passing scenarios.
    The 2005 team did indeed pass to set up the run in postseason. But the 2005 team had a good O-line and a pretty good RB duo in Bettis/FWP. The current O-line is terrible, but I'd like to see a guy like Gary Russell come in and pound out some good yards in this game.

Thread Information