Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers - Chargers

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent I Steel Believe's Avatar
    I hate when I feel this confident about an upcoming game because it always seems like we lose games that we kinda assume we're going to (or should handedly) win.
    That said, I agree that as long as Ben doesn't make too many mistakes, we should win this game. I think it's fair to say that considering Ben's concussion and the 2 week layoff, I'd rather not put too much pressure on him to have to win the game by himself.
    Therefore, a good running game could not come at a better time. As far as the weather, the conditions will slow down LT & Sproles, but it will also slow down FWP & Moore as well. Therefore, maybe this is one of those games that Gary Russell might contribute more in.

On defense, after stopping their running game, which we know we can do, Rivers will look for his safety blanket, in Gates. We need to keep that safety blanket, blanketed.

Steelers - 23
    Chargers- 13

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I'm not over confident cause we have to go and play the game, but Tomlinson don't scare anyone (If he can play) and we will shutdown Sproles. As for Rivers,all it takes is a little pressure, he has to be the most cowardly QB in the NFL.

I also hope for a Pa super bowl. We owe the Eagles a beating.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    They are a much more confident team that's for sure and they are playing well. The Colts were a tough opponent and were on a roll but SD was able to get the run game going and really keep them in check.

No matter who is back there we will stop the run first and try to make Rivers beat us. Our secondary is good enough to cover their WR's and our LB's good enough to help out with the underneath stuff Gates if they try that too. I like our chances but it won't be easy.
    The Colts & Chargers are two of those teams that match up well against eachother. The Chargers always give Peyton Manning a tough day, last reg season they picked him off 6 times before winning the game and then saw them in the playoffs and beat them again in there own house. I think there run ends next week at Heinz field!! All they can really do is run the ball and hope for the best, but if they think LT is running for even 100 yds, they better get there asses in gear and rethink the gameplan. I was at the game in November and LT had a few good carries, but was shut down most of the day while Willie Parker was able to rush for 115 yards. Ben was sacked 5 times in that game too, bottom line...Steelers should be able to beat the Chargers at home again.

Last edited by Steel Trap86; 01-04-2009 at 09:09 PM.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive_Steel View Post
    The Colts & Chargers are two of those teams that match up well against eachother. The Chargers always give Peyton Manning a tough day, last reg season they picked him off 6 times before winning the game and then saw them in the playoffs and beat them again in there own house. I think there run ends next week at Heinz field!! All they can really do is run the ball and hope for the best, but if they think LT is running for even 100 yds, they better get there asses in gear and rethink the gameplan. I was at the game in November and LT had a few good carries, but was shut down most of the day while Willie Parker was able to rush for 115 yards. Ben was sacked 5 times in that game too, bottom line...Steelers should be able to beat the Chargers at home again.

The Steelers had 124 yards rushing and 286 passing in that game back in November. Parker had 115 yards rushing which was offset by the 115 penalty yards. LT might not even play in this game much less be effective so I wouldnt worry about him too much at all. I agree with you when you say the Chargers late season magical run will end next Sunday here at Heinz Field. The Chargers while they are playing great ball over the last month just have too many things in this game I feel working against them to come in here and win this game. LT is hurt, the time travel difference again going to the East Coast where the Chargers are horrible, the cold weather, and no Shawn Merriman. You add all those factors up and it equals the Chargers run coming to an end here next Sunday at Heinz Field.

they beat the colts... that dont mean a damn thing to me... sproles cant run on our defense period.... polamalu/timmons on gates ... polamalu will take him out of the game... chargers passing defense sucks... if arian call some short passes.. and mix up the plays with a little running and deep passes.. mainly short slants and TE hooks... our offense can slowly wear their defense down... bottom line its goin to be steelers 13-0.. yes its goin to be a blow out
    DEFENSE

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    The Steelers will win 11-10, I mean 18-10, wait 11-10, who knows! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    21 for the high with a 40 percent chance of snow showers is the early outlook. That definitely will favor the Steelers as far as that goes. Keep in mind the weather for the last Chargers game here wasnt very good and cold and the Chargers struggled a lot.
    Oh goody!!! I was hoping that there would be snow for this one. LT's hammy or groin or whatever is wrong with him isn't really going to loosen up in that kind of weather.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Rookie Free Agent cuatro_tres43's Avatar
    you guys are all ridiculous saying that this should be a gimme...the chargers should've had a win on that stupid fumble call against denver and the other half of the games that they lost were with in a touchdown. they are just as dangerous (if not more) than any other team in the playoffs and they are going into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the NFL. i still think we will win, but it will not be an easy task at any means. sproles is very dangerous in every aspect of the game and he will be a big factor of how they do. i don't think we have anyone fast enough to guard him.

of course we will win if ben doesn't turn the ball over...ANY TEAM WILL WIN IF THEIR QB DOESN'T TURN IT OVER...just look at the dolphins. that is the recipe for any team to win...

chargers 13 - steelers 24

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Sproles is a back up despite how good the Chargers rush scheme is. Gates is there only receiver and Rivers is in no ay a mobile QB who can easily be forced into a bad game with defensive pressure. The defense was ranked 25th overall and Norv Turner has 1 playoff win in his career.

If we can't beat the Chargers then I wouldn't want to play Tennessee or Baltimore anyway.
    whoa, gates didn't even come close to the season that vincent jackson had for us as a receiver, jackson had a 1000 yard season with 7 td's and not to mention a high ankle sprain that kept chris chambers out, before the injury rivers\chambers connection was a affective one.

and actually norv turner won 2 playoff games last years (tennessee,indy) and counting this year that makes 3.

--- Added 1/5/2009 at 03:44 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by popstaala View Post
    it will be an easy game for the steelers.... our defense will shut them down.... and all we need is for our offense to score some points or maybe kick field goals...

you know whats funny, that's exactly what colts fans said last week on their forum.

There's nothing wrong with being confident...But let's not underestimate the opposition. We need to treat this game as if these jag-offs are 17-0.
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Thread Information