Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers - Chargers

Bookmark and Share
    it will be an easy game for the steelers.... our defense will shut them down.... and all we need is for our offense to score some points or maybe kick field goals...
    DEFENSE

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I`m excited, bring them in to the Burgh! I hope its cold!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Last time we met this team, they were crap. The Steelers beat them by a wide margin until the refs took away two touchdowns. Should the refs try to officate in the same manner I say bring in our number two defense and take the refs out. Sure they'll get ejected, but then we can bring in our number one defense and concentrate on playing the game. At the same time it should get the message across to the refs to keep it honest.

Normally, I would never suggest putting a bounty on anyone in a game but these refs this year have me seeing red. And it's not just the Steelers that have had to worry about their calls... Put a couple into the turf hard enough and they may straighten up.

As for San Diego's running game? The Steelers defense should be able to make it a non-impact variable. And rivers to Gates is easy to take care of also with proper coverage. By and large, I think this game should be reasonably straight forward. And should we win, I believe we'll face Baltimore next since I think Tennessee will fall to them the day before.

-Steelers70
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    21 for the high with a 40 percent chance of snow showers is the early outlook. That definitely will favor the Steelers as far as that goes. Keep in mind the weather for the last Chargers game here wasnt very good and cold and the Chargers struggled a lot.

Rookie Free Agent vidaliasteelerfan's Avatar
    We need to be confident not cocky. We need to play traditional Steeler Football! When we start overlooking things then we loose our focus!! Do not take anything for granted!!! Here we Go Steelers ... Here We Go!!!!

Steelers face rematch with San Diego next Sunday
    Sunday, January 04, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers have a rematch with San Diego and would like a replay, with a few exceptions.

The Steelers and Chargers will play next Sunday at 4:45 p.m. in an AFC divisional playoff game at Heinz Field. That's where the Steelers edged the Chargers, 11-10, on Nov. 16.

Jeff Reed kicked three field goals, including the winner from 32 yards, with 11 seconds left. The Steelers defense also scored a safety.

It's the only time in the history of the NFL a game was decided by that score. Ben Roethlisberger threw for 308 yards, Willie Parker ran for 115 and Hines Ward caught 11 passes for 124 yards and Pittsburgh did not score a touchdown.

The Steelers outgained the Chargers 410 yards to 213 but had 13 penalties to just two for San Diego.

Troy Polamalu's fumble return for a touchdown on the last play of the game was disallowed, costing those who bet on the Steelers giving the five points. The NFL later admitted referee Scott Green should have ruled it a touchdown.

Roethlisberger far outplayed Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers that day. He completed 31 of 41 passes with no interceptions and had a rating of 96.4. Rivers, the NFL's ratings leader, was 15 of 26 for 164 yards, two interceptions and a season-low rating of 44.4.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    [B][Roethlisberger far outplayed Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers that day. He completed 31 of 41 passes with no interceptions and had a rating of 96.4. Rivers, the NFL's ratings leader, was 15 of 26 for 164 yards, two interceptions and a season-low rating of 44.4. /B]
    Damn don`t show Scalaid this

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghNation View Post
    We win if Ben doesn't turn the ball over numerous times
    What he said.....I think Ben will have an Okay day. But I could see him being rusty, lets hope not as rusty as Pennington!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    They are a much more confident team that's for sure and they are playing well. The Colts were a tough opponent and were on a roll but SD was able to get the run game going and really keep them in check.

No matter who is back there we will stop the run first and try to make Rivers beat us. Our secondary is good enough to cover their WR's and our LB's good enough to help out with the underneath stuff Gates if they try that too. I like our chances but it won't be easy.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    They are a much more confident team that's for sure and they are playing well. The Colts were a tough opponent and were on a roll but SD was able to get the run game going and really keep them in check.

No matter who is back there we will stop the run first and try to make Rivers beat us. Our secondary is good enough to cover their WR's and our LB's good enough to help out with the underneath stuff Gates if they try that too. I like our chances but it won't be easy.
    Agreed, we can beat them but it wont be easy...Bring Them On, We'll be Ready..I'm hoping for a PA Turnpike SuperBowl..Steelers vs. Eagles!

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Thread Information