Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do the Steelers have a No.1 receiver, and who is it?

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Do the Steelers have a No.1 receiver, and who is it?

We all talk about Washington being a descent No.3, who is number 1? I`m not sure? I would think Ward is a No.2, but Holmes is far from a real No.1. IMO. I know we talked about weapons, in the preseason, do we really have weapons on offense, I mean big time weapons? I thought with Mendenhall we were going to have a great running attack, but we won`t know until next season. Any thoughts?

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Ward, without a doubt is our #1 WR. When the game is on the line and we need a big time play you go to Ward. At #2, I would say Heath Miller is our 2nd big play guy even though he is a TE and the question was about a WR.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Ward, without a doubt is our #1 WR. When the game is on the line and we need a big time play you go to Ward. At #2, I would say Heath Miller is our 2nd big play guy even though he is a TE and the question was about a WR.
    I agree that Ward is No.1, but I thought coming into the season the plan was he was 2, and Holmes 1. I love Hines Ward, but he doesn`t remind me of a number 1. And I`m not trying to knock Ward. It just seems like we have a few 2 and 3 but no bona fide No.1. Holmes was a 1st rounder, you expect a 1st rounder to excel to be a No.1, or am I wrong?

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    I agree that Ward is No.1, but I thought coming into the season the plan was he was 2, and Holmes 1. I love Hines Ward, but he doesn`t remind me of a number 1. And I`m not trying to knock Ward. It just seems like we have a few 2 and 3 but no bona fide No.1. Holmes was a 1st rounder, you expect a 1st rounder to excel to be a No.1, or am I wrong?
    lol, the Steelers have been trying to make Ward the #2 or #3 WR since he became a Steeler, and yet every year he shows that he's our best. We could bring in Moss and Fitzgerald and I would put my money on Ward to show them up. He seems to get better when he needs too...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    lol, the Steelers have been trying to make Ward the #2 or #3 WR since he became a Steeler, and yet every year he shows that he's our best. We could bring in Moss and Fitzgerald and I would put my money on Ward to show them up. He seems to get better when he needs too...
    Even when Ward was drafted they were still trying to get guys like Troy Edwards and Plax to be the main guys and Hines just played and got better every year and now he's a 4 time pro bowler, super bowl MVP, and has every significant WR record in team history. At this point Hines is beyond a shadow of a doubt IMO, the teams best receiver. He makes Holmes and Washington better and allows them to get open while he occupies a lot of the double teams.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    me too, Ward, Miller, Holmes, Moore, Washington.....yes, Moore before Washington. He has better hands.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You guys are acting like Hines Ward is in his prime.....Yes he is still very good but he doesn't dictate coverage like other top NFL WR's....If you guys think so then please stop watching football.....lol

So no I don't think the Steelers have a true number 1 WR.....Ward is number 1 for the Steelers by default.....I no the reaction already and I know everybody is going to think I'm knocking Hines Ward....Ward is a badass but he gets it done with heart more then natural god given talent......

As for Santonio Holmes....I was hoping he was ready to take the next level.....But he disappointed me this year and he still has to prove himself if he wants to be a true number 1.....He runs lazy routes and drops to many passes but I still think he is going to be very good but I don't know if he will ever be a true number 1 WR.....

As for Nate Washington he is who he is......A solid WR from a small school that to me has out played Santonio Holmes who was a first round pick in 2006.....

I can't wait for the replies since don't think Hines Ward is a true number 1 at this stage in career.......You have to remember at Ward's age it does take alittle longer to get open like he use to......He is still very effective and is still a very good NFL WR..... Imgaine if Ben had WR's like Boldin and Fitzgerald?.....Don't you think defenses would be more afraid to blitz if the Steelers had WR's like that?.....I think so and Ben would be a much better QB to.....

Instead he has an aging Hines Ward, a lazy pot smoking Santonio Holmes who really needs to develop his game, and a WR from Tiffin........I think they're a solid bunch but still the Steelers could use an upgrade at this position.....I really hope Limas Sweed develops.........

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I really hope Limas Sweed develops.........
    You forgot about Dallas Baker!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You guys are acting like Hines Ward is in his prime.....Yes he is still very good but he doesn't dictate coverage like other top NFL WR's....If you guys think so then please stop watching football.....lol

So no I don't think the Steelers have a true number 1 WR.....Ward is number 1 for the Steelers by default.....I no the reaction already and I know everybody is going to think I'm knocking Hines Ward....Ward is a badass but he gets it done with heart more then natural god given talent......

As for Santonio Holmes....I was hoping he was ready to take the next level.....But he disappointed me this year and he still has to prove himself if he wants to be a true number 1.....He runs lazy routes and drops to many passes but I still think he is going to be very good but I don't know if he will ever be a true number 1 WR.....

As for Nate Washington he is who he is......A solid WR from a small school that to me has out played Santonio Holmes who was a first round pick in 2006.....

I can't wait for the replies since don't think Hines Ward is a true number 1 at this stage in career.......You have to remember at Ward's age it does take alittle longer to get open like he use to......He is still very effective and is still a very good NFL WR..... Imgaine if Ben had WR's like Boldin and Fitzgerald?.....Don't you think defenses would be more afraid to blitz if the Steelers had WR's like that?.....I think so and Ben would be a much better QB to.....

Instead he has an aging Hines Ward, a lazy pot smoking Santonio Holmes who really needs to develop his game, and a WR from Tiffin........I think they're a solid bunch but still the Steelers could use an upgrade at this position.....I really hope Limas Sweed develops.........
    Ok, there is now way Ward is doing what he has done and continues to do on heart and little talent. You show me a player that does what Ward does on Heart alone and i'll show you a player getting his *** kicked every week. sorry but you need more then heart to play the game of Football in the NFL. This isn't a Rocky movie...Ward has talent, and lots of it. There was a commercial a couple years ago about Ward that said it best..." Ward isn't great at any one thing, but is good at everything." He has been a well rounded WR and you do not become the all time WR in Pittsburgh, on a run happy team mind you, by just having heart...

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    No where do I, or anyone else, say Ward is in his prime, simply that, right now, he is our #1 receiver, just like you did. Thats all. I don't think Washington or Holmes have played to their potential for whatever reason. But I do not think Washington has out played Holmes. I'd put them even. I'd put Washington on top if he could hold onto more balls.

Thread Information