Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin?

Bookmark and Share
    i give him a B. if he keep arians another season, he gets an F.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by 60 Minute Man View Post
    Mike is the man imo. i give him an A, to have the toughest schedule in the No Fun League in year two an to go 12-4 with an crappy O-line an a crappy O-line coach, an a very stupid predictable offensive coordinator he has accomplished an lot, he has put his stamp on the defense, an he has made our special teams play look very special this year, this is the first time our special teams has look so good all year long.
    thank you... thats the bottom line... end of story
    DEFENSE

I really like Tomlin. I think he will be a great head coach. I would give him a B right now. If he dumps Arians in the off season and improves our oline my grade will jump up to an A for sure.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I have mixed feelings about Mike Tomlin.....I think he has done a very good job this year no doubt......The team did improve on the road this year and that was a problem in his first year as HC......But overall I'm happy with Mike Tomlin.......

I think its hard to really judge a coach based on only two years. Especially a coach for a team like the steelers, since we are so used to having coaches who sticks around for a long time. Mike Tomlin have done really well the first two years. 22-10 in reg. season is pretty damn good. He'll have to show that he can get us wins in the post-season, and he'll have to show us that he can keep the team up and running through the draft, but with the steelers system, we can only wait and see because rookies don't make any impact (normally anyways). If he can get us some wins in the post-season, and if he handles the draft well, im sold i guees. You can't really ask for more for a brand new HC. I know most people would say: SB WINS! But give the man a chance! Im convinced they'll come soon enough!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    I'll wait until after our playoff game next week before grading him. I'm going to make a few points though that will weigh heavy on his grade.

1. He doesn't have this job to begin with if not for being black, It's called the "Rooney rule" and the Rooney's decided it was time to lead by example. Now I personally can care less whatever the hell he is, as long as we consistently improve. So why even bring it up? Cause I know there were and still are coaches out there who are far more experienced and probably more qualified than he is.

2. He has FAR MORE to work with compared to what Cowher had and he has ALOT more to work with than other coaches around the league who also have gotten their teams into the playoffs including the Cardinals, Ravens, Dolphins, Minnesota, Eagles and Tennessee.

3. Despite the offensive line, a gimpy Parker or a miserable offensive coordinator, allowing the rushing offense to go from 3rd in the league to 23rd in the league is a major f#$% up that he must take responsiblity for at the end of the day.

4. Losing their first playoff game for a second year in a row would not be a consistent improvement over last year and should put him on the "hot seat" for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I'll wait until after our playoff game next week before grading him. I'm going to make a few points though that will weigh heavy on his grade.

1. He doesn't have this job to begin with if not for being black, It's called the "Rooney rule" and the Rooney's decided it was time to lead by example. Now I personally can care less whatever the hell he is, as long as we consistently improve. So why even bring it up? Cause I know there were and still are coaches out there who are far more experienced and probably more qualified than he is.

2. He has FAR MORE to work with compared to what Cowher had and he has ALOT more to work with than other coaches around the league who also have gotten their teams into the playoffs including the Cardinals, Ravens, Dolphins, Minnesota, Eagles and Tennessee.

3. Despite the offensive line, a gimpy Parker or a miserable offensive coordinator, allowing the rushing offense to go from 3rd in the league to 23rd in the league is a major f#$% up that he must take responsiblity for at the end of the day.

4. Losing their first playoff game for a second year in a row would not be a consistent improvement over last year and should put him on the "hot seat" for next season.
    I agree. I know we had a very tough schedule this year, but we are now in the playoffs and are battle tested and well rested. He has to show that he can coach in the most important games of the year. This is where coaches are made.
    aushqf4

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    As far as Tomlin goes and once friggin again getting a thread back on track. I'd say given this teams success this year in the face of a crazy schedule I'd give him a B. I'd say give him an A but there were times when are gameplan was so whacked out and we beat our heads against the wall that it just wasn't anything but bad. That Philly game was the worst, we were so overmatched and overcoached it wasn't even funny. As far as the regular season goes I'd say a solid B right now.
    I have to agree with this. With that Philly game I think they should have been able to adjust better after the 1st half, but it just didn't work. I am hoping during the playoffs Tomlin and Arians are able to provide a better offensive game plan.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Sorry, but i think "Arians" and "better offensive game plans" are oxymorons...

I'm hoping though....

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    To be fair, Tomlin should only be rated, or judged, after his 3rd season. By then, it will be his decisions that determine who the team is and where they are competitively.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information