Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dallas Cowboys Reportedly Laughed and Played Games on the Plane Ride From Philly

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

The Dallas Cowboys Reportedly Laughed and Played Games on the Plane Ride From Philly

I have been a cowboys fan for a lot of years....I have been suffered thru some bad teams. I remember when Aikman went 1-15. The QC/HUTCH/Henson/Bledsoe. Troy Hambrick... ...Gailey, Switzer..all the bad stuff and never considered not being fan. Today...I am coming close. Even when they were bad.....there was always a pride. Today I have no answers anymore. I was sick to my stomach after that game and they are playing games. If Jerry keeps Wade...I need to rethink my fandom LOL

The Dallas Cowboys, based on their 44-6 beatdown at the hands of the Eagles, should have boarded their plane from Philadelphia back to Big D, sat in silence for how many ever hours it took before they landed, and then, without speaking to one another, slowly walked away from the plane and climbed in their individual, expensive automobiles.

Talking, playing games and laughing -- after that whipping -- should be things reserved for a later date. But, according to second hand radio reports (so, yeah, grain of salt and what not) they were all smiles, giggles and games on the way back to Texas Sunday night.
    [1310 The Ticket's Mike Friedo] described the scene as "like the last day of school", with dominoes being played in the back and lots of laughing and carrying on. He said that he was reluctant to say anything, seeing as how the Cowboys are nice enough to allow media members on the charter, and that only leads me to believe that he may have muted the reality of what was actually going on. Friedo did not mention any specific names, nor did he say if alcohol was flowing, but he made it pretty clear that if you did not know who won the Cowboys-Eagles game, you just might assume it was the Cowboys from their conduct on the plane.
    Presuming this is true, it's a pretty awkward situation for the Cowboys, in that it firmly shows just how out of control the team is under Captain Cupcake Wade Phillips and goes a pretty good way towards explaining why Dallas hasn't wont a playoff game since saxophones and cigars ruled the world.

But hey, they barely make any money, and they did play really hard this year, so it's hard to begrudge them too much, even if this is true.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I feel your pain Deb. If this were true and was my team, I would be highly upset. But it is Dallas, so.....

My Mood
    Smokin
    you can always come on over to the black and gold side
    :

Thanks for the sig Flea

I feel your pain Deb. If this were true and was my team, I would be highly upset. But it is Dallas, so.....
    Thanks. LOL See you guys a bit later

My Mood
    Addicted
    If a picture were worth a thousand words, if what is being reported is true....obviously the Cowboys are not all that upset over this loss. What was their attitude or demeanor like for all of those other losses? If this is any indication I guess the Cowboys are not really that serious about playing football and winning for their fan base.

Deb, sorry to hear about this disturbing report from a journalistic eyewitness to this regrettable attitude on the Cowboys part.

As someone mentioned earlier you could always come over to the Black and Gold.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Well if this story is true..it's not surprising.That team has showed dysfunction since game 1.I think the whole Pacman crap was a mistake and was a distraction to that team..you already have the biggest baby in football on your team and then you bring in a loser like pacman..not once but twice..that's a recipe for disaster.Wade seems like a nice guy but i think is way too soft to be at the helm of that team.With those ego's you need someone to keep them in check.Sorry about your season Deb..but i hate the Cowboys!..

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

I would like them to pick up a back up QB that can play. Then when Romo's head isnt
    there or it's up his ***..pull him and put someone in . They don't have that option anymore. I remember even Aikman always looking over his shoulder at someone...Walsh or whoever cuz that was J Johnson. They need to play like they need a job or they are gonna get cut. Kinda like what Singletary is doing I guess. I dont know if they just believed so much of their own hype in the offseason that when they began to NOT win they were befuddled and still thought they were JUST good enough to pull out of it. Well they weren't. I'll get over it LOL Just venting.

They would......

I love seeing this team lose!!!!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I bet the ones that were laughing were watching the replay of the game. I know I did, lol. I got just as much satisfaction watching that blow out as I did watching the Brownies lay a goose egg.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I really dont have in issue with them having fun on the way home. This game is suppose to be fun, and they lost...No one died, and no one was hurt. This is football, and teams choke all the time. I see no reason for feeling sorry for yourselves, there's nothing to be gained by that. The season is over, and so too are the Cowboys hopes for a championship. Its a long season that crashed around their ankles. Football players, even the Cowboys share a brotherhood that runs deep inside of them, and losing should never change that. Hats off to them for being able to have fun after one of the worst beatdowns in their teams history. Losing should never change the person that you are, and you should never hold your head in shame. Walk tall, and laugh it off because you cant change it. Let everyone around you know that in your heart you are and always will be a champion, and that you will be back to conquer all next season. Just make sure that you let the fans know that you will be doing it wiothout T.O, and Romo.....

Thread Information