Thread: 09 Draft Order

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

09 Draft Order

The 2009 draft order is out and the Steelers are **** out of luck. We are drafting in the 31st spot. The only team picking after us is the Titans. What that means is that we better be making some deals if we want to even get a sniff at one of this years top tackles. I guess thats the price you pay for being a good team!

There is a note stating order could change based upon playoff results. Hopefully any change would have us moving back to the 32nd spot. (that would mean we won the SB)

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation...rst-round.html
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 12-30-2008 at 10:07 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Hopefully this will allow us to take the best center in the draft and anchor down the line for years to come!

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
    Hopefully this will allow us to take the best center in the draft and anchor down the line for years to come!

Alex Mack?
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Alex Mack seems like the best center to me. Unger is a close second. I would love to see us go Mack/Loadholt in the 1st and 2nd or Duke Robinson/Loadholt. If we could land those to guys together who already have great chemistry anchoring Oklahoma's O-Line left side I think we would be in GREAT shape.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Mark my words Loadholt will fall to the third round or possible to the 2nd day of the draft.....

i thought the last few spots were determined how the playoffs shaped up, like if we were to lose this week then the teams that move on to the NFC and AFC championship games would then pick after us?

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i thought the last few spots were determined how the playoffs shaped up, like if we were to lose this week then the teams that move on to the NFC and AFC championship games would then pick after us?
    thats true, the final 8 spots still have to be determined

Rookie Free Agent I Steel Believe's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how it works, but the SB winner always picks #32 and the loser picks #31.
    However, after that, I use to think it went by order of exit from post season, but I don't think it neccessarily works that way. I think the playoff teams always pick after non-playoff teams, but I could be wrong about that. A team like SD might still end up picking around 16th even though they made the playoffs and many teams picking after them didn't. Not sure though.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Go to this link, it explains how it all works. Playoff teams basically draft according to their record unless they make it to the SB. If another team that didn't make the playoffs has the same record as one that did, they pick before the playoff team. If SD doesn't make it to the SB, they still pick at #16.

2009 Draft Order

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Alex Mack?
    Yep!

Thread Information