View Poll Results: Who are the Steelers most likely to face in their first playoff game??

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami

12 25.53%
  • San Diego

10 21.28%
  • Indianapolis

25 53.19%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who does everybody think the Steelers will play in their first playoff game??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Who does everybody think the Steelers will play in their first playoff game??

I'm going to stick with the Miami Dolphins like I have been the last 2-3 weeks or so and say that they will beat the Ravens in Miami on Sunday and they will come here the following week for the divisional round, and the winner of SD and Indy will play at Tennessee. If you look at the way the seeds ended up shaping up Tennessee definitely has a greater chance of getting a much tougher first game then the Steelers do. The Titans are either going to play SD,Indy,or the Ravens first. While the Steelers are either going to play Miami,SD,or Indy first. I just would not want to see the Colts or the Ravens in that first playoff game on divisional weekend and it appears as if Tennessee is going to see at least one of them, while all the Steelers need is for either Miami or SD to win to avoid seeing Indy or the Ravens first which I believe are the two toughest challenges in the AFC. I think if the Steelers get either Miami or San Diego with both being warm weather teams coming in here in January they have an excellent to beat both of those teams and advance to the AFC Championship game. As I said time and time again last week not getting the 1 seed was a good thing because you wont have to see Baltimore the first playoff game who you would have to beat 3 times in one year which is very tough until the AFC Championship game which means they are going to have to win 2 games on the road to do just that, and as long as either home team wins either Miami or the Chargers you wont see the Colts as well until the AFC Championship game.

The Ravens might have a good defense but one has to remember their QB is a rookie... with that being said I say the Dolphins
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 12-29-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    We are either getting the Colts or Chargers. Not the Phins. I hope we play the Colts. I want payback for those Bastards wrecking my birthday.

Gold Standard
    I think all 4 wild card teams win this weekend which will send the Colts our way. Miami is not going to beat the Ratbirds!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

I'm goin' with Miami.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

ok heres is whats goin to happen... joey porter *the former steeler star linebacker* is goin to murder flaco.. miami win... then james harrison, woodley, aron smith, polamalu goin to make chad pennington cry...
    DEFENSE

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    OK, but we are the 2 seed, so we will play either the Colts or the Chargers. we wouldn't play Miami unless it was in the AFC Title game.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    We'll see Indy. The Ratbirds can make it through Miami but they will fall apart against Tennessee and we will meet the Titties for the AFC Championship.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    OK, but we are the 2 seed, so we will play either the Colts or the Chargers. we wouldn't play Miami unless it was in the AFC Title game.

You are wrong. We will play the highest seeded team remaining and the Titans will play the lowest seed remaining. So if Miami and Indy both win this weekend we would get the Dolphins. Write it down, its fact.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Nobody is playing better football right now than the Chargers.

That's who I want to see back in Heinz Field in Janurary ....
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information