Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BYRON LEFTWICH

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

BYRON LEFTWICH

You guys can hate me all you want I dont care. I'm a Steeler fan and I want my team to win at all costs. If anyone doesnt see a difference in execution when Byron is in is in denial. I stated yesterday (get your excuses ready) that when Byron comes in there will be no Line problems, no bad playcalling problems and no lathargic play from our offense. In Byron you have a pure passer who knows how to go through his progressions fast and make good decisions as well as he moves the chains. Its not about playcalling its about execution and our offense executes with Leftwich out there. This is the 3rd game he has been called upon and produced. Ben should be the starter if healthy but He could learn from Byron.

Waterboy
    I agree with you completely. The line has been playing well and certainly are no longer to blame. I think that the Leftwich / Moore combo would be far more effective than the Ben / Willie combo (although Willie got a little bit of his swagger back today). I think that Tomlin is an excellent coach and should play the players who are performing the best and not worry about egos of salaries.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ok man I'll agree that Byron is a top notch backup, he does just about whatever you want and can run the offense. We can be glad we have him on our team. If we had to rely on him the playoffs I wouldn't count us out of anything.

Now having said that if anybody thinks that he is the better choice to run this team, that's crazy IMO (Im not calling you out or anything man just saying). Byron is very similar to Ben in may ways but he's not as mobile and he has a very slow release. We saw that today in the 2nd half. He did feel pressure and the Browns were able to break through the line and get in his face so let's not kid ourselves that he suddenly is superman and our offense is 100 times better with him in the game. He's good make no mistake and we needed him today and if we need him again Im sure he'll do a good job but Ben is the man and he is the leader of this team.

Byron does make up his mind very quickly though. He lacks touch and mobility. I could have gotten to the end zone faster then he did on his touchdown.

couldn't put it any better

Banned
    Your post is a good one Top Gun. Byron did feel pressure but the thing that sets him apart from Ben is that he feels pressure and makes positive plays as a result of it. And when he doesnt make positives plays he certainly doesnt make negative ones like a sack or int. Ben played against the same defense and HONESTLY, who looked better? This SORRY defense Picked Ben. Why did Ben get picked? Because he processed the information too slow and threw the ball late to Heath. In Bens defense, he did have a NICE td pass to Nate called back because of Colon. Byron was not sacked and he didnt turn the ball over and showed UGLY mobility in the TD run, he was shifty in the pocket and bought time. Look at the play Ben got injured on, all he had to do was get rid of the ball and the injury would not have occured. There is a certain ELECTRICITY in the whole team when Leftwich is at the helm or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6 View Post
    Your post is a good one Top Gun. Byron did feel pressure but the thing that sets him apart from Ben is that he feels pressure and makes positive plays as a result of it. And when he doesnt make positives plays he certainly doesnt make negative ones like a sack or int. Ben played against the same defense and HONESTLY, who looked better? This SORRY defense Picked Ben. Why did Ben get picked? Because he processed the information too slow and threw the ball late to Heath. In Bens defense, he did have a NICE td pass to Nate called back because of Colon. Byron was not sacked and he didnt turn the ball over and showed UGLY mobility in the TD run, he was shifty in the pocket and bought time. Look at the play Ben got injured on, all he had to do was get rid of the ball and the injury would not have occured. There is a certain ELECTRICITY in the whole team when Leftwich is at the helm or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    Erhm.. Browns is second in the league with Interceptions, so really its not a shame to throw a interception against them.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Erhm.. Browns is second in the league with Interceptions, so really its not a shame to throw a interception against them.
    Again, with the excuses for Ben (should have known). So you credit that LATE pass to the defense? I credit it to a late pass by the Qb. Heath was open for 5 seconds before Ben threw the ball, when he finally did the db broke on it and picked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalaid6 View Post
    Again, with the excuses for Ben (should have known). So you credit that LATE pass to the defense? I credit it to a late pass by the Qb. Heath was open for 5 seconds before Ben threw the ball, when he finally did the db broke on it and picked it.
    Its really really easy to bash a player for making one mistake in a game. When you play 15 games the chance that you make a mistake is bigger than when you play two quaters. Im not saying that Byron didnt do a great job, but its rather easy for him to step in there and impress everybody. He havnt been smacked around all season. Also face it, Byron won't survive a quater against a team like Ravens or Eagles. He is just way to slow for that.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Angry
    Before Ben got knocked out of the game he was looking Slow and Sluggish.....doing his double clutching with the ball and skipping a few off the ground as well.
    Not to mention a bad INT to boot!!

You would have thought Ben had started the game with a Concussion the way he was performing.

I would have no problem with Byron Leftwich starting the Playoff game in two weeks.
    Ben looked bad last week and was beginning to go down the same road today IMO.

I can't see Ben coming back with a strong game after two weeks off......fighting both to clear out the cobwebs and the rust build-up as well.

Go Byron!!

Thread Information