Thread: Chiefs owner lining up Pioli, Cowher?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Chiefs owner lining up Pioli, Cowher?

The abrupt dismissal of Carl Peterson signaled that Clark Hunt has a plan he's ready to execute. Hunt did not dynamite Peterson strictly for our edification, enjoyment and entertainment. There was a dual purpose. In my estimation, the logical conclusion to reach based on Hunt's action is that he has identified two targets to be Kansas City's next general manager and wanted to alert them that he's coming to woo and be wooed by them. There's going to be fierce competition for general managers this offseason. The Detroit Lions dumped Matt Millen early in the season and have had a head start on the Chiefs. The Cleveland Browns might make a move on Phil Savage and be in the market for a GM. Hunt would be foolish to wait to join the race for a personnel difference-maker. There are two no-brainer options: 1. New England Patriots vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli. 2. An experienced front-office executive with strong ties to and the ability to deliver former Steelers coach Bill Cowher. I think Hunt is zeroed in on landing Pioli or someone who can land Cowher.

Kansas City Star
    Wishful thinking? maybe, maybe not......Cowher still has ties in KC, he did coach there for 3 years as DC. I don't see Edwards coming back, I believe he is in his last year of his contract with the Chiefs Edwards had the backing of Hunt and Peterson to rebuild the Chiefs but with expectations of being in the playoffs in 2008. That ain't happening, Edwards is 15-32 as HC, everyone is talking Cleveland but who's to say Cowher won't land in KC or even Detroit?

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    If Coward comes back it will be to highest bidder everybody has an price

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Cowher will have his choice of A list jobs if he decides to comeback. Detroit and KC do not fit the bill.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

I could live with Cowher in KC... I still really hate the thought of him in Cleveland!

Thread Information