Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns vs. Steelers (Wk. 17) W 31-0

Hybrid View

Talking Browns vs. Steelers (Wk. 17) W 31-0

vs.

Sunday December 28, 2008
    1:00 PM EST

The Browns are coming off a performance in which they were shutout by the Bengals of all teams... AT HOME! There isn't much to say about this game. The Browns are really playing for pride, and the Steelers will be playing their starters but I would imagine playing not to get hurt.

This is a big rivalry game but considering the two teams are on opposite ends of the spectrum there doesn't seem to be that spark usually there to get you ready for this big matchup. I would imagine this game will be more of a scrimmage for the Steelers to work on a few things before heading into the playoffs. Plus this might be one of those games where the defense can pin back their ears and really go after the Browns as their offense is right near the bottom in the league.

Yes we would like to see a Steelers win because after all it is the Browns and should the Browns win then we'll hear the next 6 months about how the Browns will be contenders for the Super Bowl next year. With that, here are the keys for a Steelers win:
    • No turnovers.
    • No injuries.
    • Get some points on the board and call it day.

Join us this Sunday as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 12-29-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Waterboy
    hey i think tomlin is making a good chose by starting the starters because they have a week off and they would be rusty if they did not play.

I think Mike Tomlin made a good choice because my ticket was expensive.

Love what they were saying on the match-up show on nfl network,,,,,,Should be a practice game for the Steelers

We need to dominate these guys and head into the playoffs on a high note

STEELERS 34
    Hashbrowns 6

Gradkowski to start at quarterback for Browns

Injury Report
    Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison (hip) and safety Ryan Clark did not practice for the second day in a row. Clark will not play against the Browns because he dislocated his right shoulder for the second time this season against Tennessee.

If he doesn't practice today, it is unlikely Harrison will play against the Browns.
    Keisel moves forward

Defensive end Brett Keisel said he felt "slow" against the Titans, his first game back after missing three in a row because of a sprained medial collateral ligament in his knee. Keisel had just one tackle.

"But it was great to be back out there again, and now I can just go forward," Keisel said.

Crennel winless vs. Steelers

The Browns have lost the past 10 meetings with the Steelers, a streak that has put their coach, Romeo Crennel, in a dubious spot.

Crennel is the only coach in Browns history to never beat the Steelers (0-7).

Quick hits

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has 101 career regular-season touchdown passes. His 17 this season are down from his team-record 32 last season and more in line with his first three seasons in which he had 17, 17 and 18. ... LaMarr Woodley remains third among linebackers in the AFC with 11.5 sacks, behind former Steeler Joey Porter (17.5) and teammate James Harrison (16), but he doesn't have a sack in the past three games and just two in the past six.
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 12-26-2008 at 12:17 PM.

AZ thanks for the update.

The Steelers need to have Harrison and Clark healthy for the playoffs. Hopefully with the week off against the Browns and a first round bye they both will be healed for the Steelers first playoff game.

Hopefully Keisel will get his legs back against the Browns. Not only did he look slow against the Titans, most of the Steelers D looked a little sluggish IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz-5 View Post
    AZ thanks for the update.

The Steelers need to have Harrison and Clark healthy for the playoffs. Hopefully with the week off against the Browns and a first round bye they both will be healed for the Steelers first playoff game.

Hopefully Keisel will get his legs back against the Browns. Not only did he look slow against the Titans, most of the Steelers D looked a little sluggish IMO.
    Yeah, two vital components. Maybe they'd just put Harrison out there for a couple plays, you know, 3-4 sacks no big deal.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's soon gametime!!!!

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    I live in NE Ohio and its funny looking back at the beginning if the season, all the Browns fans really thought this was going to be their year.

Thread Information