Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finish the sentence: The Steelers will win the AFC and make it to the Super Bowl IF..

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Finish the sentence: The Steelers will win the AFC and make it to the Super Bowl IF..

This is the main thing and reason I think they will and it will be if Ben and this offense quits turning the ball over 3-4 times a game much like they have in all 4 of their losses this season. If you look at the Giants,Colts,and Titans losses there were key interceptions and key fumbles and just key turnovers everytime the Steelers were either on the verge of scoring or converting a big play or needing a big play. I really think this is the problem with this team and if they eliminate these turnovers at key points of the game they are good enough to beat anybody. Hell look at yesterday we were down in the turnover battle midway through the 3rd 0-2 and still had a 14-10 lead and should have been up 17-10 had Reed not missed that chip shot FG. The Titans didnt blow the Steelers out yesterday, the Steelers turned the ball over 4 times and each time it lead to either them not putting points on the board, or the Titans putting points on the board and that is just something you just cannot do against a team as good as the Titans. As I said the Steelers were losing the turnover battle 0-2 and 0-3 going into the 4th quarter and were still winning for a good period of time and only down 3 and 10 at one point.

The bottom line is I know the defense had an off-day yesterday but I honestly dont see them playing that bad again for as long as the Steelers last in the playoffs. I think yesterday was there letdown day for giving up plays such as 3rd and 20 and letting a team run up over 300 yards on them. Give credit to Kerry Collins and the Titans they played well and did the things they needed to do to beat the Steelers. The point is this defense is good enough to carry this team to win a Super Bowl this year even as horrific as this offense has been if this offense does not turn the ball over and quit screwing it up for the defense. These scores in the playoffs might not be pretty hell they might be 12-9 or 9-6 but if that is the case so be it. I dont want to hear in the playoffs that it cant be done because the Steelers won a game this year 11-10 again SD which got them on a roll, they won the game in Baltimore 13-9 last week to clinch the division. Those are two good examples right there of what kind of games this team is capable of winning in the playoffs if Ben and the offense would just stop turning the damn ball over all of the time.

...the offense stops leaving points on the field.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Angry
    .....if in the offseason Mike Tomlin "grows a pair" and fires both Bruce Arians and Larry Zierlein and hires competent replacements. Then drafts the best offensive lineman available in the '09 Draft and possibly they win the AFC and get to the Superbowl in 2010-2011.

the more realistic version........

if every team they play in the playoffs makes a greater multitude of blunders(fumbles, INT's and penalties)and basically out Steelers the Steelers in offensive ineptitude and hands the game over on a silver platter to Pittsburgh.

I'm looking for this playoff game to look exactly like the playoff game loss to Jacksonville last year.........chock full of ugly offensive execution and **** poor coaching.

if... the offense can extract their heads from their asses! It's hard to really blame the entire offensive woes on the o-line. I feel it's a combination of a lot of things and all the things that are wrong are added together it equals the "OFFENSE powered by the OC"

IF they score touchdowns in the redzone, stop turning the ball over and really think about a new playbook on offense for the playoffs. 3 weeks to set it up

if we stop turning it over,"what everyones already said",,,,,,,,,,We got a chance and that's what most of us really wanted,,,,,,A CHANCE

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    if.. the O-Line gets it together for 3 games. No running = first round loss. This year is starting to remind me of the Kordell era.. stack the line to stop the run and let Korky try to beat you. Only difference, this year they don't have to have 8 in the box to stop the run, 4 to 5 is sufficient.

Gold Standard
    Bruce Arians chokes to death on the olive in his martini over the Christmas Holiday.

Just Kidding!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted
    if they stop running Willie Parker up the middle all the time, allow Ben to have enough time to throw the ball, and come up with better play calling.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Bruce Arians chokes to death on the olive in his martini over the Christmas Holiday.

Just Kidding!
    You know he's a Shirley Temple kind of guy.. martini, sheesh... lol.

Thread Information