Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the starters play in final game vs Browns?..12/23 Update, Starters to play

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty

Should the starters play in final game vs Browns?..12/23 Update, Starters to play

Since we've already clinced the #2 seed wouldn't it make sense to sit our starters. THese last 2 games dont mean anything. We need our starters healthy..What do you think?

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Absolutely, positively, a resounding NO . You most definately play the starters next week for atleast a half. You can't have all your main guys sitting around doing nothing for the next 2 weeks, these guys need to get in there and mix it up next weekend and stay in that rhythm of continuously playing every weekend. We are not a good team coming off a by most weeks, the offense usually comes out flat and that has bit us in the rear many times before. Keep the starters in for atleast the first 30 minutes and then start pulling them, especially on offense.

They'll get plenty of time to rest after next weekend.

My Mood
    Chatty
    I see your point. I didn't mean all at once and all game. Perhaps the players that have been battling injuries. It would be nice to see the defense get some kind of rest.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Overall this team right now with the exception of Marvel who might as well be on IR, and Keisel who is coming back from his knee, and now maybe Clark we're as healthy as we've been all year long at any given position. In theory it sounds like a good idea and in the past Cowher has sat starters when their playoff position was assured but I think in a case like this where our offense is so inconsistent that they need work and they need to get some momentum heading into the post season.

If I am Tomlin I keep Ben and the starting offense in for the entire first half and let them try and score some points and get some continuity and then pull Ben after that and let Leftwich finish out the game. Start pulling the rest of the starters as the 2nd half goes on.

On defense keep them in for the first half as well and then start pulling guys like Harrison, Polamalu,Aaron Smith, and Farrior in the 2nd half.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Absolutely not. Minimum 2-3 Quarters. They can't go into the playoffs not feeling good about themselves. If Cleveland starts playing dirty, then you pull them.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The way they played today i say HELL NO, they should play atleast the 1st half off the game next week, i don't want them going into the bye week with an performance like today

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I agree play the offense for a whole half and hopefully they will be able to put enough points on the board against a horrific Browns team where it you can then pull them and it leaves them at least feeling good about themselves going into the playoffs. The good news with the defense is Clark appears to be fine and he prob wont play next week which is fine. Like you said TG play the starters as well for a half and start pulling guys like Harrison Troy Smith, Farrior,and Woodley early 2nd half.

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    I say the offense plays the first half for sure. Especially bigben.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Yes I see you all are right. Makes perfect sense. Ben really needs the practice, receivers need to hold onto the ball and we really need to perfect this running game. I agree with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Overall this team right now with the exception of Marvel who might as well be on IR, and Keisel who is coming back from his knee, and now maybe Clark we're as healthy as we've been all year long at any given position. In theory it sounds like a good idea and in the past Cowher has sat starters when their playoff position was assured but I think in a case like this where our offense is so inconsistent that they need work and they need to get some momentum heading into the post season.

If I am Tomlin I keep Ben and the starting offense in for the entire first half and let them try and score some points and get some continuity and then pull Ben after that and let Leftwich finish out the game. Start pulling the rest of the starters as the 2nd half goes on.

On defense keep them in for the first half as well and then start pulling guys like Harrison, Polamalu,Aaron Smith, and Farrior in the 2nd half.
    You saved me alot of typing lol!
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Thread Information