Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11-4 is still better than we would have thought...

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

11-4 is still better than we would have thought...

... based on last years second half melt down, and the schedule that we were handed.
    If we were going to lose, lets get it over with now. Now we can go back to our backs against the wall mentality. Every week I say " This will be the week that our offense gets rolling", and each week I am wrong. Maybe we just don`t have an offense? I do believe that our receivers are average at best. Yes Hines is a Warrior, and Heath is very under rated. But Holmes, Washington, and Sweed, are an average group. Yes they make some big catches now and then, but tey are proffesional, and are suppose to make those catches. But alot of Bens problems are that they arent open, and not open quick enough. Holmes is to small for a number one wr. He might be better as a slot. We don`t have a wideout with size, like TO, or CJ. No I don`t won`t those guys, but they have the size to get defender off them at the line of scrimmage, not get pushed around.

Anyway, we are ahead of where we thought we would and should be. Now it doesn`t feel like enough. Our defense needs more. They needed the offense to step up and win one for them instead of them winning each game. We were handed the ball in beautiful field position twice, our first two drives, and came up with nothing. Both times was because our defense forced a three and outs. Thats what should have set the tempo! NOT.

Can we win it all? I think so. This to me was our worst loss yet. We had chances to beat Philly, NYG, and Indy. And today if we don`t turn the ball over six times, maybe. We have the defense, and I think our offense can get just enough done. Problem is I think Ben is better than Odonnell, but yet we are going to ask him, just like we did ODonnell, to just don`t make mistakes. Don`t try and win it, just protect it. Ben has to be better than that.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

I think these last three weeks has been an emotional drain on the Steelers team in general. It started off with a huge win in New England which is one of those games you know they really wanted to win, then they played the Cowboys at home which was draining and followed that one up with a draining and physical trip to Baltimore! I think they were spent and it really showed this game.

They will bounce back starting next week and finish 12-4 as they prepare for the playoffs!

My Mood
    Horny
    One thing to our advantage. there is no clear cut SuperBowl Contender. Nobody is playing superior right now.

i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Whats going on here ? We're in the playoffs and a first round bye. we'll be rested and ready to go and everyone here acts like its all over. I'll agree that at the start of the season I had my doubts,but if anything the Steelers have shown the bend but don't break . Have some faith people.

This was one game to a very good team . Had we played Cleveland this week and the Titans next week,I'd be willing to bet the outcome would be different.

If you read my other posts you'll know that I'm in know way happy with out team but give them some credit for overcoming their shortcomings.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Whats going on here ? We're in the playoffs and a first round bye. we'll be rested and ready to go and everyone here acts like its all over. I'll agree that at the start of the season I had my doubts,but if anything the Steelers have shown the bend but don't break . Have some faith people.

This was one game to a very good team . Had we played Cleveland this week and the Titans next week,I'd be willing to bet the outcome would be different.

If you read my other posts you'll know that I'm in know way happy with out team but give them some credit for overcoming their shortcomings.
    I agree, We are still a team to be reckoned with. But Ben has to pick up some slack! NOW

i como enormes senos

yeah, this was ONE game against the titans WITHOUT their 2 best Defensive players. get a clue..... IF BRUCE ARIANS KEEPS DECIDING THE OFFENSIVE DRIVES, WE'RE DOOMED. sad but true.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals

12-4 is awesome w/ that schedule

We all would have signed up for the Steelers record being 12-4 at the beginning of the year. I was hoping to go 8-8 in August. We will be good in the playoffs and still might play afc championship at home. Go Steelers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNC View Post
    We all would have signed up for the Steelers record being 12-4 at the beginning of the year. I was hoping to go 8-8 in August. We will be good in the playoffs and still might play afc championship at home. Go Steelers !!!
    my oh my how our views have changed....

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    get a clue.....

I have a clue, Its called Professional football and guess what, other than the 72 Dolphins teams lose games during the season. We happened to lose one today to a team that out played us and took advantage of out mistakes.

No one is disputing Arians sucks but we're 11-4 .
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

I have a clue, Its called Professional football and guess what, other than the 72 Dolphins teams lose games during the season. We happened to lose one today to a team that out played us and took advantage of out mistakes.

No one is disputing Arians sucks but we're 11-4 .
    i wish i had a "yawn" text right now. listen, we lost for one reason... because we LET the titans walk all over us. ok? got it? we didn't lose because we were the lower team. you can keep telling yourself that the titans were good if that makes you feel better. it's not the reality. sorry, charlie.

Thread Information