Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think this might have been a blessing in disguise.

Bookmark and Share
    well hope you are right

--- Added 1/4/2009 at 04:31 PM ---

my gut is already in my throat

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    No matter what we say about the Ravens and what not on this board I think everybody on this board for the most part will agree that they didnot want to play the Ravens in the first playoff game here, and that the Chargers are a much much better matchup for the Steelers next weekend for their first game then having to beat the Ravens for a 3rd time with a suspect Ben and playing our first playoff game after a bye week. I would much rather get the Ravens in the AFC Championship game after the Steelers have played a game and the Titans have played the Ravens and beat them up a lot then get them next week. I think if anybody says otherwise then they are not thinking clearly.
    Sure, i agree all the way. What i tryed to say is, that no matter who we play at this point, it'll be tough. Ravens or Chargers, both teams have been playing lights out last few games, so yeah.. Obviously i like the chargers over ravens, since ravens is really kicking *** atm, but i just don't want to feel like we would be worse off with ravens. We need to beat whoever we meet if we want to be the best, no excuses With that being said, im pleased that we get chargers and not ravens..
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

there's one reason why miami lost today... chad pennington
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    there's one reason why miami lost today... chad pennington
    I agree he was absolutely horrific. You just cannot turn the ball over against the Ravens when you play them. That is the number 1 reason and way they will beat you. I dont care how well the Ravens are playing their entire team is based on their defense getting turnovers and either scoring tds as a result of them or getting turnovers and giving Flacco a short field to work with to score. Flacco and this Ravens offense is still incapable of putting drives together that result in touchdowns. If the Miami D can force Flacco to go 9 of 22 for 135 yards, then the Steelers D should we meet the Ravens again in the championship game should do the exact samething. Key thing for the Steelers when you play the Ravens DONT TURN THE EFFIN BALL OVER...

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    No matter what we say about the Ravens and what not on this board I think everybody on this board for the most part will agree that they didnot want to play the Ravens in the first playoff game here, and that the Chargers are a much much better matchup for the Steelers next weekend for their first game then having to beat the Ravens for a 3rd time with a suspect Ben and playing our first playoff game after a bye week. I would much rather get the Ravens in the AFC Championship game after the Steelers have played a game and the Titans have played the Ravens and beat them up a lot then get them next week. I think if anybody says otherwise then they are not thinking clearly.
    Yeah!! if it's a pick your poison I'd rather have to play the Ravens in the AFCC Game. Trying to beat someone 3 times in a season and in a Championship game is a very tall order but I definately agree it would be a Dicey road in the divisional round.........I'd much rather the Steelers play the Titans to see who goes to the Superbowl.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    At this point I really don't care who the Steelers play........Its the play-offs and every game is a challenge really.......Let the Steelers take care of the Chargers and lets see were the chips fall then.....Either the Steelers going to Nashville for the AFC title game or the Ravens going to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game.....Both games are going to be tough no matter what......

Should we make it past the Chargers, I don't care who we will face next. They always say 'Be careful what you wish for' so I am just hoping we beat the Chargers and I will take whoever our next opponent is.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

This could not have worked out better. Let the Titans and ratbirds beat the hell outa each other, our D won't let SD run all over the place, We should be able to move the ball against their D ( statisticly we had a good game last time against them) and get the win. So I don't really care who we play after that. But first things frist...let's whip SD.
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Im not convinced Baltimroe is that much better than the Chargers but I would rather have the SDC because they have to come across the country and play in conditions they aren't used to, while Baltimore is much more suited to the winter conditions.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers4life66 View Post
    Tell me if I'm wrong. Rat birds will probably end up plaything Titans at their house in the second round of the playoffs. I think they'll beat them and have to play us in Pittsburgh right or wrong.
    Good call on this one you and I both called it as you see on the thread below that I wrote as well...I said this a few weeks ago as well that the Titans would get the Ravens the first game of the playoffs because they beat the Steelers that week and it would be a tougher game then the Steelers would have, and that is exactly what happened here, and absolutely everything fell into place...

Thread Information