Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think this might have been a blessing in disguise.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hoke also commented on the team getting refocused after this game and regrouping; which leads me to believe that no matter what they say they to the camera's they felt they were going to have success today in Tennessee. Obviously you have to feel confident in your chances, any winning team does, but at the same time I have to believe that for the first time this year based on Ben's comments earlier in the week, all the hype that the Steelers got this week (which did nothing but fire up the Titans to come out and play well), and just generally not being as focused as they were that the team as a whole just wasn't in this game as much as they should be and that is disappointing. Take nothing away from TN., they played their tails off today short handed and all and today they were the better team.

Im not foolish enough to think we are an inferior team compared to them because most certainly are not! We can play with anyone anytime anywhere but today they came in wanting this game more and it showed.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Sorry I never see the positive in losing. Let's just hope we regroup.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

If we do not face anyone but the Titans in the championship game, I will be horribly dissapointed. I want to beat these idiots when the biggest game on the planet is on the line.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Totally agree!Respect is a two way street.they owe us some

My Mood
    jaguars-hater

The loss to the Titans a few weeks ago and not getting the number 1 seed...

As I talked about a few weeks back was really a blessing in disguise because as you see right now the Titans in my opinion I believe are getting a much more tougher game next weekend in the Ravens then the Steelers are in the Chargers. Now granted the Steelers might end up playing the Ravens regardless in the AFC Championship game the following week, but I would much rather see the Ravens in that game as opposed to seeing them in our first playoff game. As bad as the Ravens offense can look at times you just do not want to see them now the first game if you are the Titans coming off a bye week. Let the Ravens take care of the Titans for the Steelers and they should be worn out to a certain degree a week later having to play their 3rd straight road playoff game in 3 weeks. Sure it will be tough to beat the Ravens 3 times if the Steelers do play them, but as I mentioned before I will take playing San Diego our first playoff game next weekend over playing the Ravens first anyday of the week.

One thing is for certain though if the Steelers do hope to make it to the Super Bowl assuming of course they get by the Chargers next week which I most definitely think they will, they are either going to have to go into Tennessee and give it another shot and try to win again something they couldnt do last time, or they are going to have to beat the Ravens for a 3rd time which is never an easy thing to do. Regardless of the outcome of that game either opponenet the Titans or Ravens will be a tall order for the Steelers the following week.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 01-04-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Dunno.. Both are good teams, and both are flaming hot atm. No excuses... If we want to be the best, we gotta beat the best, thats it.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Waterboy
    I would hate to have to go through the Ravens and then the Titans. With that said I do not think the game with the Charges will be easy. If we make it through them we are much better off with playing the winner of ... (after they beat each other up).

STILLERS do not play well after a bye.

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Dunno.. Both are good teams, and both are flaming hot atm. No excuses... If we want to be the best, we gotta beat the best, thats it.
    No matter what we say about the Ravens and what not on this board I think everybody on this board for the most part will agree that they didnot want to play the Ravens in the first playoff game here, and that the Chargers are a much much better matchup for the Steelers next weekend for their first game then having to beat the Ravens for a 3rd time with a suspect Ben and playing our first playoff game after a bye week. I would much rather get the Ravens in the AFC Championship game after the Steelers have played a game and the Titans have played the Ravens and beat them up a lot then get them next week. I think if anybody says otherwise then they are not thinking clearly.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver688 View Post
    STILLERS do not play well after a bye.
    Correction, they usually don`t play well after a Bye, they will play well after this bye!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information