Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I still say Vick isn't all that.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He plays alot on special teams but yes he rarely gets time on the field in the regular defense. Granted Foote and Farrior are 2 outstanding LB's and Im glad we have them both, but we always pride ourselves in keeping young talented LB's in the stable to move up and take over. We have that in James and Arnold Harrison on the outside right now but inside does concern me some because Kreidwalt is outstanding on ST but he doesnt scare anyone at MLB.

I'm tired of hearing about how "Awesome" Vick was yesterday. It's funny how the media jut looks at the stats and make assumptions rather than watching the game. The Steelers let Vick look good yesterday by continuously giving the Falcons the ball in prime field position. I mean hell, HoS could of put up those numbers yesterday too with that field position Atlanta had! At halftime, ATL had a average starting field position of MIDFILED!!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    He plays alot on special teams but yes he rarely gets time on the field in the regular defense. Granted Foote and Farrior are 2 outstanding LB's and Im glad we have them both, but we always pride ourselves in keeping young talented LB's in the stable to move up and take over. We have that in James and Arnold Harrison on the outside right now but inside does concern me some because Kreidwalt is outstanding on ST but he doesnt scare anyone at MLB.
    I know Wallace gets the time on special teams. But it would be nice to see him get some playing time in the defense. I don't want Wallace to become the next Mike Vrabel. We never really developed Vrabel and he left a became a player with the Pats. I know Vrable was in OLB and Wallace plays inside. But we have to find out if we need to draft another ILB or not. You right Kriewaldt is very good special teams guy but is just an average or below MLB.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about how "Awesome" Vick was yesterday. It's funny how the media jut looks at the stats and make assumptions rather than watching the game. The Steelers let Vick look good yesterday by continuously giving the Falcons the ball in prime field position. I mean hell, HoS could of put up those numbers yesterday too with that field position Atlanta had! At halftime, ATL had a average starting field position of MIDFILED!!!!
    Your totally right bro. The Steelers defense made Mike Vick look like Steve Young yesterday. The media cracks me up they ride the jock on whoever is hot at the moment.

I like how they keep saying "there's never been anybody like Michael Vick." And by "like", I mean I want to throw up. Uh, Kordell Stewart? Steve McNair? Donovan McNabb? There have been lots of QBs who can run. The only difference between them and Vick is that, while their running ability was slightly less than Vick's, their passing ability was far superior.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    I like how they keep saying "there's never been anybody like Michael Vick." And by "like", I mean I want to throw up. Uh, Kordell Stewart? Steve McNair? Donovan McNabb? There have been lots of QBs who can run. The only difference between them and Vick is that, while their running ability was slightly less than Vick's, their passing ability was far superior.
    Or Randall Cunningham. He by far was the best of the running QB's from the 1980's to the present. Cunningham also had some great years throwing the pigskin.

Thread Information