Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I still say Vick isn't all that.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Lightbulb I still say Vick isn't all that.

Think about it, all year long and through his entire career he's not thrown the ball as much as he runs, or the very least he doesn't have the success throwing the ball as he does when he runs.

He threw 4 TD's yesterday. That's nothing to sneeze at, he had a good game. BUT lets look at those 4 TD's.

1st TD - A 22 yd pass at our own 22 yd. line just after we fumbled the ball. One strike and they scored. Any average QB knows right after a turnover you go for a big strike to try and catch the defense off guard after they just got off the field. 1 play, 22 yards in 0:07.

2nd TD - Once again right after a turnover. Drive: 6 plays, 25 yards in 2:50. We gave the ball to them in our own territory almost in the red zone right away. He caught our defense in a big way right after they got off the field. Just a basic pass for TD.

3rd TD - Drive: 7 plays, 51 yards in 2:42. This was a pretty good drive overall, but they used good field position set up by our poor special teams to give them another short field. Most of the work on this drive was done with short passes and on the ground till they got to the red zone then he threw a good pass to Jenkins who made a circus catch.

4th TD - 6 plays, 75 yards in 3:01. This drive was probably his best of the game, but once again the TD pass came from 31 yds out to Crumpler after only driving 40 yds with short passes and letting his WR's do most of the work, as well as some on the ground.

All Im saying is, all year long the media has been griping and complaining about Vick and how he's not that good of a passer. Last week he was just terrible against the Giants because they played good defense and the Giants ran all over them keeping Vick off the field and keeping containment when he was on the field. he was sacked 7 times. Now all of the sudden the throws 4 TD's with 2 interceptions and he's some sort of god again. Our secondary is nothing special we all know that but even so, 3 of the TD's came right off turnovers in prime field position. It's not like he orchestrated several 80 yd drives with precision accuracy and marched his team down the field.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Top Gun I agree Vick isn't all that and a bag of chips. Yes he is talented but the Steelers had more to do with him looking like Steve Young then Vick himself. Its alright. Hopefully the D is pissed at themselves for making Vick look like Young and that they allowed Mike to toss 4 TD's on them.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Let's hope they take it out on the Raiders in a big way this weekend

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Let's hope they take it out on the Raiders in a big way this weekend
    I just hope they make Andrew Walter look like Andrew Walter and not Joe Namath.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We seem to have a knack for making average or above average QB's look like HOF inductee's this year.

It's time for us to show Walter what a real confusing 3-4 defense can do to a QB. We have no choice, we gotta kick *** and win this game.

My Mood
    Mad
    It would be nice to have Joey Porter back. That would help bigtime. What about Casey Hampton though? I hope his hamstring isn't to serious. Big Chris Hoke is a solid backup but he isn't no Casey Hampton.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah we haven't heard much of how serious his hamstring is. Plus Cedric pulled his groin but he did continue to play. Having Joey back would be awesome, and having James Harrison back is a boost not only on special teams but also his nasty attitude on defense is a good compliment to Joey.

My Mood
    Mad
    Yeah we haven't heard much of how serious his hamstring is. Plus Cedric pulled his groin but he did continue to play. Having Joey back would be awesome, and having James Harrison back is a boost not only on special teams but also his nasty attitude on defense is a good compliment to Joey.
    Yes we miss James Harrison on special teams bigtime. When Harrison comes back he better get some more playing time on defense as well. I think at times it would be good to rotate the 3 OLB's at times to keep Haggans and Porter fresh. I know they do it at times but not enough in my mind.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Most definately rotating the front 7 is key to keeping them fresh. We have good backups in Arnold Harrison, James Harrison, Rian Wallace, Rodney Bailey, Chris Hoke, etc. They normally do a good job of rotating the DL but not enough rotating the LB's.

My Mood
    Mad
    Most definately rotating the front 7 is key to keeping them fresh. We have good backups in Arnold Harrison, James Harrison, Rian Wallace, Rodney Bailey, Chris Hoke, etc. They normally do a good job of rotating the DL but not enough rotating the LB's.
    Yea where is Rian Wallace? How are the Steelers ever going to find out if he is a player if he never plays? He did make that INT and returned it for a TD against the Chiefs. But other then that he hasn't played much on defense this year. I just think with James Farrior in his early 30's it might be smart for Wallace to get some reps from time to time to give Farrior a blow or two. If the coaches don't trust Wallace on the field. Then they are not doing their jobs to develop him.

Thread Information