Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wish Hines Ward would

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

I wish Hines Ward would

Stop saying every single week in every single game he plays about how he has something to prove, and not getting enough respect, and how he was upset Atlanta overlooked him in the draft and just everything. Hey Hines maybe if you would have got drafted by the Falcons you dont get your ring, and your not making 9 million dollars a year like you are here. You can never hear this guy do an interview anymore without him mentioning that he was Super Bowl MVP last year. The guy is a great player dont get me wrong but I think he needs to know better then to join in on the td celebrations like he did with Nate being a veteran and leader of this team and all. Hines has seemed to have a chip on his shoulder and his ego has really came out the last 8-9 months with everything here it seems from the Korean trip to just constantly saying on every TV interview he has about how he was MVP of the Super Bowl. I know some people might not like this post and probably disagree with it and thats fine but Im just tired of hearing the same old sob story from Hines Ward every single week about how he gets no respect. That being said the guy played his *** off yesterday and had a great game and hopefully it will get him going now for the next several games. But Hines please shut up about how you were made fun of when you were young, and getting overlooked by Atlanta and the Falcons, and being Super Bowl MVP.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    IMO, if that what Hines uses to help stay motivated then so be it. Every player, every team needs a rallying cry. Something to help them focus on while they work towards to the playoffs and the super bowl. Last year it was all about getting Jerome his ring and finishing out his career in Detroit. It was all about finally getting 1 for the thumb and bringing the SB back to Pittsburgh. Right now this team doesnt have a rallying cry, they don't seem to have a focus week in and week out. Yes I know you always strive to make the playoffs and win the championship, thats a given, but we thrive on having a something else that keeps us motivated, keeps us going.

We're a team that plays best when we feel nobody believes in us, when we think that the media and the rest of the league thinks we can't do it. Well right now that is definately the case and that's what we need to rally around for 2006. WE've had alot of adversity this season, coupled with all the hype for the super bowl, and Im not sure this team knows exactly what to think and how to react. That all comes back on coaching but you have to make the players accountable too.

Overall though, Hines is our best WR and overall one of the best players on the team period. Hell he's one of the best players in the league overall so if he wants to use the motivation of feeling like he got passed over then so be it. Ben still uses it when he plays against teams that pass him over. So does Philip Rivers, and anyone of countless others. As far as the super bowl MVP talk, I havne't heard as much of it coming from him directly as you have I guess. Sure his head has gotten alittle bigger since the super bowl..but he produces week in and week out and he's shows up no matter what and gives 100%. No one is more frustrated than he is going through this season. All the players are, and how we finish out the rest of the year will go a long way to determining the character of this 2006 team.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I have to go with TG on this. If that is what gets him motivated then fine with me. The guy goes out and performs and you will probably not find a guy who plays with more heart.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Got that right Prosdo ! For everything that has gone wrong this year you can never question Hines' heart being into the game. He may not get all the catches and have all the stats, but when you need a big play, a 3rd down coversion, in the red zone, whatever; when we call on Hines, he comes through time and time again.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I wish Hines Ward would teach Santonio Holmes to hold onto the ball better. If the coaches won't do their jobs and work with Holmes. Then Hines Ward needs to. Man I'm glad Santonio is coming around as a WR and PR but his fumbles need to stop.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'll take Holmes as a kickoff returner everytime. He's doing so much better there, but he just doesn't have the knack for returning punts. Im glad he's becoming a good target for Ben and Charlie too, thats what we need.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I'll take Holmes as a kickoff returner everytime. He's doing so much better there, but he just doesn't have the knack for returning punts. Im glad he's becoming a good target for Ben and Charlie too, thats what we need.
    I wanted to say KR I just typed PR. The only thing stopping Holmes is his fumbles. He is a rookie some I'm willing to cut him some slack. It would be different if this team wasn't coming a Super Bowl win and had the talent to do it again. On a bad team you have more patience to let young players grow. But when the team is a good team and rookie mistakes are killing them then it becomes a bigger deal.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Rookies, Veterans, everyone seems to have turnover-itis. Im still willing to give Santonio some slack as far as not getting as many yards in returns but yes the fumbles have just got to stop. ST's is such a big part of a teams success. They set up both the offense and defense but this year so far we've been setting them up in a bad way.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Rookies, Veterans, everyone seems to have turnover-itis. Im still willing to give Santonio some slack as far as not getting as many yards in returns but yes the fumbles have just got to stop. ST's is such a big part of a teams success. They set up both the offense and defense but this year so far we've been setting them up in a bad way.
    Oh man I think every Steelers fan learned how important special teams are in the 2001 AFC Title game vs the Pats. The Steelers special teams gave the Pats 2 TD's in that 24-17 Pats win.

I'm still not over that game just like I'm will never be over Super Bowl XXX. I think Keven Spencer should be fired for the special team woes so far this year. They have been terrible. Cutting Chidi was such a great move Bill. Not

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's amazing how much ST has cost us over the Bill Cowher era. The best ones were Bobby April's ST. They were awesome. Kevin Spencers unit last year and the year before have progressed very well and I like what he's done with them but this year its just one thing after another. How much of it is different personnel then we're used to having, it's hard to say, but one thing is for sure cutting Chidi was a stupid move.

Thread Information