Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Timmons

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Lawrence Timmons

Is it just me or is Lawrence Timmons Showing some potential. His college stats are pretty good.( link below if you want to see them) It's only his second year so he's still somewhat a rookie. 45 tackles 14 assists 5 sacks 1 int and 1 fumble recovery. He's second string so I don't know how much play time he really gets. I've seen him lay some good hits on players this year. Most recently Mason Derrick In the Baltimore game. Maybe he just stands out to me because he's ruffly the same build as James Harrison. One inch difference in hight and six pounds difference in weight. Anyone got a thought on this subject. http://news.steelers.com/team/player/76324/
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 12-18-2008 at 05:14 PM.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

I think he'll be great , I mean he added more weight to his frame this year and it didn't slow him down at all. He was a really good tight end in highschool thats why he's so comfortable when the ball is in the air. I had been sayin all year this kid will single handedly stop screens and quick throws before his career is over.Think about it everyone knew that quick passes and screens was the way to beat our D, but not with a guy with his speed and ball skills roaming the middle of the field.When ever the light pops on and he's playing more with instincts instead of thinking (it's slowly happening now) he'll be a beast. Another thing does anyone notice how long this cats arms are, that's got to be a plus when your trying to shed blocks or bat down balls in coverage. With a wing span like that and the added weight and strength, he can keep blockers away from his body.
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 12-18-2008 at 02:03 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tomlin View Post
    I think he'll be great , I mean he added more weight to his frame this year and it didn't slow him down at all. He was a really good tight end in highschool thats why he's so comfortable when the ball is in the air. I had been sayin all year this kid will single handly stop screens and quick throws before his career is over.When ever the light pops on and he's playing more with instincts instead of thinking (it's slowly happening now) he'll be a beast. Another thing does anyone notice how long this cats arms are, that's got to be a plus when your trying to shed blocks or bat down balls in coverage. With a wing span like that and the added weight and strength, he can keep blockers away from his body.
    I just wonder how long his contract is? Hopefully they'll resign him.

This is what I mean about those quick passes, on top of that it was one of the patriots money plays.
    He's going to start making plays like that on instinct , he didn't think he just went with it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ced112
    Last edited by Mike Tomlin; 12-18-2008 at 02:24 AM.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I do believe he's in his 2nd year of a 5 year deal.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Mca View Post
    I do believe he's in his 2nd year of a 5 year deal.
    Man I hope we got him for three more years. I like this guy a lot.

We probably will resign him. Foote isnt getting any younger. Timmons is probably going to start next year instead of him, and then they might aswell sign him on a long tirm perspective.. We need to have at least one unit who are somewhat young :P
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Timmons isn't going anywhere; Foote's deal is up after this season is over so Timmons will take over opposite Farrior which means our valued depth at ILB will be gone again so Tomlin will have have to address that at some point in the offseason again.

Timmons is really in his first year since he was hurt almost all of last year and even when he did get on the field towards the end of the season he didn't have the luxury of daily practices with the team that Woodley did. He's really coming along and his potential is through the roof, he'll be a good one for a long time with the Steelers.

I think Foote will resign with the steelers, so he can end hes carrier with us. He is a pretty damn good back-up untill we can pick one up in the next draft maybe as a back-up? I really don't see Tomlin addressing it this off-season.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Man Timmons is an Beast, an he's only going to get better as time goes on, what an great pick him an Woodley turn out to be,And don't worry he an Woodley are not going anywhere no time soon

Thread Information