Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else notice the clock didn't stop ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You can also say, Maybe we did play our best football, against the Chiefs, and now its a question of if we can duplicate that effort again or not.

We duplicated it many ways against the Falcons which I was so happy to see; the only difference is that in ATL all the turnovers that we had didn't fall our way like they did against the Chiefs. All we can do is keep on plugging away and win as many as we can. Like Arnold Harrison said last night on FSN Live, " we've alot of games left and we have to go out and try to win them all".

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Absolutely Top we still got 10 games to go a lot of them are very winnable games. Our schedule is still much easier down the stretch then Baltimore and Cincy's is. The problem is the Steelers cannot lose another game here the next 4 weeks and lose another game in the standings. They MUST pick up a game here very soon in the standings to both Cincy and Baltimore here or there not going to make the playoffs. Keep in mind that 6th seed wildcard spot still remains wide open with the Jags 3-3,Jets 4-3,Ravens with 2 games left with at 4-2 so if the Steelers can get on a run and at least find a way to get in the playoffs who knows what can happen. But they better do it now before its too late.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Time is definately of the essence. Im not worried about the ratbirds still because they are going through changes on that team and they're offense can't sustain them enough to carry them through the season without loosing atleast few more games. That cincy game is a backbreaker because we could have owned the tiebreaker against them had we won earlier and if win again when we play them.

Timing is everything right now,and now is the time. If it was every us against the world it surely is right now; just like last year.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I could be wrong but doesn't the clock stay running if the player is pushed out of bounds?

Well that sucks! But then again had the defense done what they are paid to do the Steelers never would have been in the prediciment. The game kind of reminds me of the playoffs last year when the Steelers used the pass to setup the run... It's kind of what the Falcons did to the Steelers yesterday...

What goes around comes around!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The player caught the ball on the sidelines and would have went out of bounds but we shoved him out to make sure he didn't try to make a move. I suppose it's a judgement call but you'd think the refs would have atleast made some type of decision right after the play by waving their arms to signal to keep it moving or to stop it.

Well if it's up to the refs do you really think, based on all their other bullshit calls, that they'd NOT take another opportunity to screw us? Am I the only one who is reminded of that game against the Pats where they added almost a whole minute to the game and the pats ended up kicking the winning field goal with 3 seconds left?
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nope, I remember that game well. I don't know what it is but we seem to get the worse refs making the worse bad calls I can imagine. From the playoffs last year, the the superbowl, and it continues this year.

We are as much to blame for putting ourselves in a position to have the refs decide our fate on any given play but still you'd like to think the rules and clock keeping would kept the same when we do need them to make the right call.

Hines Ward was just talking to John Staigerwald on KDKA, and he said that the head ref called the flinch on Washington instead of the side judge, who's job it is to make that call. And when the side judge tried to tell the head ref not to call the penalty, the head ref ignored him and called it anyway.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

It's a conspiracy theory!

Thread Information