Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else notice the clock didn't stop ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Did anyone else notice the clock didn't stop ?

With 2:12 to go in regulation, Vick threw a pass that was caught and the player was shoved out of bounds and the clock ran down to the 2 minute warning ! That's 12 seconds right there against that 10 second runoff we got penalized for.

That could have been the difference right there. I know we shouldnt have been in that position in the first place but in a close game, every second every play counts.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Good point Top I do remember that and didnt think much of it at the time but its a valid point you make for sure that it could have helped us at the end of the game with the time. But still with that being said Cowher's usage of the clock, the challenge,and his lack of using timeouts and not using them was just horrific today and has always been horrific since Cowher has been here.This season so far has not been one of Cowher's better coaching jobs in the many years he has been here. His clock management skills and usage of the timeout is just inexcusable Cowher has got to know when and when not to use or call timeout by now. Cowher is off the hook in a lot of ways for the Super Bowl win last season but I still think that from the first 6 games this year based on what all has happened so far he has not gone a good coaching job at all in a lot of areas. He has a lot to do with why this team is 2-4 I believe to this point.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It all comes back to us and not allowing ourselves to get in that position in the first place...but when we do find ourselves in that situation you'd like to think that something as simple as stopping the clock when a player goes out of bounds should be automatic but it isn't. Nothing about his team is automatic this year except for us being inconsistent.

I really questioned us challenging that play in the 4th quarter and burning that timeout. It was close so I can see their point but we could have used that time out instead of having to run up and spike the ball but highsight is 20-20. Cowhers clock management has definately been suspect over the years but we usually dont' have to dwell on it because we're not in a situation like we are in this season, very often. Now that we are in that situation everything that was evident before no matter how big or small is magnified 100 times.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Top Gun I didn't notice since I was to busy yelling at the defense for making Mike Vick look like Steve Young today and Crumpler look like Kellen Winslow Sr.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You're not alone 32, most people didn't notice or think much of it but the more you think about it you realize what that 12 seconds meant. It's just 1 more thing to add to the ridiculously weird and uncharacteristic season we're having.

wow...good point and I just went back and looked at it and he was pushed out of bounds at 2:17. But you are right TG, we shouldn't have let it get to that, but it did and we should have had those 17 seconds back. Oh well, no use in dwelling over it now. It's time to move on!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    2:17 , hell even more of a reason, that's 17 seconds, potentially time to run 3 plays, 2 atleast but yes there's enough other stuff to focus on at this point but it just burns me up that something so simple was overlooked by the officials

well what pisses me off more is no one on our coaching staff noticed it and pointed it out to the officials

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

House of Steel
    Hey TG, you got a realtive point in the time clock. Watch the NFL issue an apology over that mistake of running 17 seconds off the clock when the damn idiot was shoved OB. 17 seconds is a major difference maker in a game. That is poor clockmanship on the refs. DAMN THEM ZEBRAS!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    You're not alone 32, most people didn't notice or think much of it but the more you think about it you realize what that 12 seconds meant. It's just 1 more thing to add to the ridiculously weird and uncharacteristic season we're having.
    Top Gun I think the football Gods are punishing us. Lets face it the last two years have been really special with Big Ben. It all started with our crazy off-season and it just has carried into the season. I don't know if the Steelers will make the playoffs. But the Steelers havn't played their best football yet. I'm sure of it. Now will it result into a playoff birth? Time will tell.

Thread Information