Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Merriman suspended.

Bookmark and Share
    Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

Shawn Merriman suspended.

Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman has been notified he will be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's steroids policy, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids … not one of those supplement deals" said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension.

Merriman's suspension originally was to be announced last Tuesday when two other players -- the Falcons' Mark Lehr and the Lions' Shaun Rogers -- were suspended for violating the policy. But Merriman reserved the right to appeal his suspension, so it was not announced.

Neither the Chargers, nor Merriman, could be reached for comment Sunday night.

Earlier Sunday the Chargers lost to the Chiefs 30-27 in Kansas City.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    that explains a lot, i knew he wasn't that good, and was being over hyped coming out of college, he's a damn cheater lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was wondering if he was juicing too !!! Well now we know ! He was just on fire way too much to the point of it being almost unbelievable !

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Man alot of player are starting to get caught. It makes you wonder how many are doing it across the NFL and how many of our Steelers are on the roids?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every sport is cracking down on this stuff, I can't believe these players continue to try and get away with it. I can't imagine the pressure they are under every week so maybe thats part of it I dont know.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Every sport is cracking down on this stuff, I can't believe these players continue to try and get away with it. I can't imagine the pressure they are under every week so maybe thats part of it I dont know.
    Thats exactly it Top Gun. These players are under so much pressure to perform that they look to get an edge. I really don't care if players use roids. If they want to kill themselves and ruin their health. Its their choice.

Kinda sad but not at the same time its been against the rules since he was in college, you wana cheat your gonna have to take that risk of getting caught and he got caught. now he has to lye in the bed he made for himself
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    seahawks-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    that explains a lot, i knew he wasn't that good, and was being over hyped coming out of college, he's a damn cheater lol
    I thought the same thing this guy just comes out of no where and he's like a god. That was a bunch of B.S.

What a cheater! They should start penalizing teams by taking away victories they may have had during the time the juiced player was on the field. There has been a lot of people getting caught this year which means teams probably aren't talking to their players about not using steroids. If the league started making the teams more responsible and possably the teams doing their own testing as well as the league testing then the use might come down more, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    What a cheater! They should start penalizing teams by taking away victories they may have had during the time the juiced player was on the field. There has been a lot of people getting caught this year which means teams probably aren't talking to their players about not using steroids. If the league started making the teams more responsible and possably the teams doing their own testing as well as the league testing then the use might come down more, IMO.
    I dont think it is a case of being the teams fault as they have been tested since they were playing in college.
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information