Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Overtime rules need to be changed ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Hey Koop life isn't fair bro. Then why should the NFL be any different? The Steelers shouldn't even have let this game go into OT. Plus if the Steelers would have won in OT today then we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.
    and life has what to do with football again?????????? football is a game, it should be fair for everyone
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    and life has what to do with football again?????????? football is a game, it should be fair for everyone
    Ok Koop I'll just shut up and won't have a conversation. I just find very funny the only time this whole OT is an issue is when the Steelers lose. Now if the Steelers would have won today then we wouldn't even being having this discussion right now. The NFL OT is fine. The game shouldn't even have went into OT in the first place. Plus the defense had the Falcons 3rd and long and couldn't cover Crumpler on that key third down play. They couldn't cover Crumpler all day for that matter.

The Steelers sloppy play and the defense falling apart today had more to do with the loss then the Steelers not getting a chance in OT.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The game should be fair for everyone but on any given week you can see a ton of reason as to why it isn't.

Celebration rules, overtime rules, judgement calls on late hits, referees missing calls that can't be reviewed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd still be wondering about the OT rules regardless of whether we won or not, its just magnified because we lost.

The long and short of it is, and I agree with you on this 32, we were up 17-7 and well in control of this game. We let it slip away because we turned it over and let the Falcons get more and more confidence as the game went on and stayed close. We had the chance to rip their hearts out in the first half and once again we couldnt put the team away.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I'd still be wondering about the OT rules regardless of whether we won or not, its just magnified because we lost.

The long and short of it is, and I agree with you on this 32, we were up 17-7 and well in control of this game. We let it slip away because we turned it over and let the Falcons get more and more confidence as the game went on and stayed close. We had the chance to rip their hearts out in the first half and once again we couldnt put the team away.
    I just like the sudden death format. If anything they should change is maybe play a full quarter. I don't like the college OT at all. Hey the chips didn't fall the Steelers way today. Thats life. The only thing the Steelers can do and we as a fan base is hope that Ben is OK and lets focus on the Oakland Raiders. As I type this the fact remains the Steelers only have 1 more win then the Raiders.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok Koop I'll just shut up and won't have a conversation. I just find very funny the only time this whole OT is an issue is when the Steelers lose. Now if the Steelers would have won today then we wouldn't even being having this discussion right now. The NFL OT is fine. The game shouldn't even have went into OT in the first place. Plus the defense had the Falcons 3rd and long and couldn't cover Crumpler on that key third down play. They couldn't cover Crumpler all day for that matter.

The Steelers sloppy play and the defense falling apart today had more to do with the loss then the Steelers not getting a chance in OT.
    but i've always hated the sudden death overtime, i think it sucks ***, if we would've won of course we wouldn't be talkin about this cause tg wouldn't have a made a thread....it's an issue cause tg brought it up, which gave me the oppuruntity to express how i've always felt about OT in the nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer View Post
    I agree that the current system sucks. I think the college OT system does a much better job of determining who is the better team that day. Plus, who likes a system that enourages a team to go for a field goal instead of a touchdown?
    Great point. We all know all you have to do in OT is get it close and kick the FG. There is no reason a team needs to go for a TD.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The chips didnt fall our way because we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Sure there is a certain amount of luck involved any given sunday. The way the ball bounces, how long a play takes run, a fluke tipped ball that goes back into a WR's hands, but all in all we have the means to avoid overtime in any game but when we can't it would just be nice to have the option of getting the ball.

The more I think about playing 1 more full quarter, the more I like it, but who knows if the NFL will ever rethink their OT strategy or not so

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    but i've always hated the sudden death overtime, i think it sucks ***, if we would've won of course we wouldn't be talkin about this cause tg wouldn't have a made a thread....it's an issue cause tg brought it up, which gave me the oppuruntity to express how i've always felt about OT in the nfl
    Well you think it sucks ***. I think its fine. We won't change our opinions and its all good. If the NFL does change it I would agree with playing a whole quarter like you suggested. I don't want the college OT in the NFL. I hate that ****.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't really like the college ot either, but it's better then this lol...it would be cool to see ben go from throwing 2 tds in regulation to 7 after a college type ot lol

Thread Information