Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens Walter Spat in Mitch Berger’s Face! Harbaugh denies the incident!

Bookmark and Share

Question Ravens Walter Spat in Mitch Berger’s Face! Harbaugh denies the incident!

By Dagger | December 14, 2008

Well get some quick hitters up in a bit. According to ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh, in the locker room after the game Jeff Reed said that he saw Ed Reed (or another Raven) spit in Punter/Holder Mitch Bergers face on the Steelers extra point after their game winning TD, so he pushed him. The push resulted in a 15 yard penalty.

Updated: Also heard that sources inside the locker room are saying the Steelers were prepared to GO FOR IT on 4th down if the game-winning Holmes catch was not called a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post

We’ll get some quick hitters up in a bit. According to ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh, in the locker room after the game Jeff Reed said that he saw Ed Reed (or another Raven) spit in Punter/Holder Mitch Berger’s face on the Steelers extra point after their game winning TD, so he pushed him. The push resulted in a 15 yard penalty.

Updated: Also heard that sources inside the locker room are saying the Steelers were prepared to GO FOR IT on 4th down if the game-winning Holmes catch was not called a TD.
    If he did that, i just lost pretty much all respect i ever had for Ed Reed...

Also, i would have hated if they went for it on 4th. Steelers are dead last in short 3 and 4th down conversions, and that was not the time to gamle imo. We could easily have hold them in OT and scored another FG
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    It might have seemed like a foolish penalty, and it probably was -- Jeff Reed getting assessed 15 yards for shoving Ravens cornerback Frank Walter after the extra point on the winning touchdown. That forced Reed to kick off from the 15 and gave the Ravens, after a 13-yard return, possession at their 47 with 0:43 remaining. But Reed said he shoved Walter because Walter spit in the face of holder Mitch Berger, who was standing between the players. OK, it wasn't a smart penalty. But understandable.
    Gerry Dulac
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    ED REED is a thug like all the RATBIRDS

I really hate the Ratbirds more than any team, Ray Lewis is a loud mouth A-hole but I have nothing but respect for Ed Reed. I doubt that he would do that. If you watch him play after the plays he regurlarly shows good sportsmanship. I guess it was that Walter dude, whoever he is! Kudo's to Reed for sticking up for his teammate, and bad on the refs for calling such a BS call. Remember the Super Bowl where Lambert slammed the Cowboy after he harassed Gerala? In today's game he would have been ejected but back than there wasn't even a penalty.

Ray is a soft old man! He had the chance to smash Ben but instead he wrapped him up!

Spitting at other players is as gay as it gets!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Did you expect anything different from a bunch of overrated losers? I mean seriously when they don't win they whine, complain, carry on like they were victimized. Hey how about this Baltimore, you just don't have what it takes to beat the best in division AGAIN!!

Watching Suggs limp off the field made me smile! I hate that whole damn team!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    They're just jealous that the Steelers are AFC North champions again.
    2008 Steelers: 12-4 AFC North Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post

Well get some quick hitters up in a bit. According to ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh, in the locker room after the game Jeff Reed said that he saw Ed Reed (or another Raven) spit in Punter/Holder Mitch Bergers face on the Steelers extra point after their game winning TD, so he pushed him. The push resulted in a 15 yard penalty.

I wondered why we got the 15 yarder. Isn't that what we've come to expect from the ratbirds. I try and give other teams respect even if I don't cheer for them, but the asses from Baltimore deserve none. There is no greater joy than beating the ratbirds. Now bring on the Titans!
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

Thread Information