Thread: Current playoff scenarios for the last 2 weeks for the Steelers...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Current playoff scenarios for the last 2 weeks for the Steelers...

WIN OUT AGAINST THE TITANS AND STAINS AND CLINCH HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE AND THE NUMBER 1 SEED IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! It's as simple as that no long breakdowns here tonight fellas or anything like that which I am MUST say I am thrilled to death I dont have to do lol. There ya go TG buddy that was for you my man lol...A win in Tennesse then means the road to the Super Bowl goes through the Steel City much like it should. Going to be a helluva battle next Sunday in Nashville for AFC supremecy. I have been saying for about 6-7 weeks now even after the Giants and Colts losses if the Steelers could just hang in their and get to this game in Tennessee only 1 game behind the Titans they would have a chance to get homefield in the playoffs. And now that is exactly what they have done. Ben Roethlisberger while he gives you an effin heart attack time and time again and has not been great all season by any stretch, he once again adds to his legacy as the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback with that 92 yard drive at the end of the game. What poise and what ability by Ben on the touchdown to Holmes to scramble around and do what he does best make plays out of nothing. Oh yea and incase I didnt mention or anybody doesnt know THIS DEFENSE IS PRETTY GOOD TOO GUYS DONT YA THINK LOL...

Rookie Free Agent
    Absolutely, we're going to get the first seed mark my words. The 92 yard game winning drive by Ben was outstanding, thats something that Flacco would not have been able to do.

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    yes, titans suck. we will stomp them and then the clowns to get #1 seed.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It just continues to amaze me how this team continues to win games in the ways they have. Great defense every week is expected and always comes through. Special teams play is usually right on target and getting better each week with solid coverage and an improving return game. Man though the way this offense just seems to be so inept yet they find ways to score points when they absolutely have too.

I didn't think there was any ways the Titans were losing today but credit Houston for really coming out and not being intimidated at all. They hung tough and showed that yes indeed as good as Tennessee is that they can be beat for sure. It's going to be a close game and might even better a somewhat higher scoring one than the past 2 weeks but I see Tennessee as being a lot like the Ravens. They want to run it run it run it and not air it out unless they have too. They won't back down from what got them their success to date; running the ball so once again our D will be tested big time against a top notch running game. At this point though it's nothing new and they'll be ready.

I like our chances against them or anybody else in this league but we're going to have to be on our game. At this point clinching atleast the #2 seed is awesome but going into the Titans home turf and getting a win would be just off the charts.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I like the fact the Steelers are controlling their own destiny......I prefer that then relying on help.....The Steelers beat the Titans next week then they will be the 1 seed in the AFC play-offs.....Teams coached by Jeff Fisher always play the Steelers tough....But Albert Haynesworth might not play next and that is a huge loss for the Titans......I don't think both offense won't do much next week....I'm picking the Steelers in a 9-6 win....

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Just win

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    I just hope the offensve next week can get out on a early lead, and never look back.I hope we kill the titans..I belive D wise we will dominate the game,because we can stop Johnson & White,and we can deff get to Collins and put alot of pressure on him.He can't beat us with his arm...Look for Home Field to come threw Pittsburgh BABY!!!!

im not to worried about HFA....i have a hard time thinking the titans can beat one of the wildcard teams....you think the colts would let them beat them 3 times in a year? lol the first round bye and division were huge, the #1 seed is overrated though

Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    Just win
    Words of wisdom right there. People can break it down and analyze it all they want, but from week one to 17 that's the only thing that matters and I think Tomlin understands that.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I like the fact the Steelers are controlling their own destiny......I prefer that then relying on help.....The Steelers beat the Titans next week then they will be the 1 seed in the AFC play-offs.....Teams coached by Jeff Fisher always play the Steelers tough....But Albert Haynesworth might not play next and that is a huge loss for the Titans......I don't think both offense won't do much next week....I'm picking the Steelers in a 9-6 win....
    That's exactly what you want, to be in control of your own destiny..relying on help just gets you in trouble. We have what we want right in front of us for the taking so all we have to do take care of business like we have been. We've survived the toughest schedule in NFL history and are sitting here in week 16 with only 3 losses. The last big test is coming this week. We've come this far and overcome all the injuries, poor offensive play, OL struggles, you name it and we've managed to be in the position of controlling our own destiny. We can't look ahead though because we still have business to take care of next week on the road. This team has remained focused all year long through thick and thin.

One thing that I think has helped is that even though our record has been a winning one all year long the games have been so close, so many injuries, inconsistent offense, etc. that they haven't had time to sit back and think to themselves how great they are or whatever. They've had to constantly overcome obstacles which is a great way to stay focused. Obviously you like to think it's just the maturity of the team and Tomlin keeping these guys focused but no matter what it is it's worked so far.

Thread Information