Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu vs Ed Reed

Bookmark and Share
    Ed is lucky, the damn ball falls in front of him 99% of the times when it's fumbled. INT's are his strong point, he can actually catch!

Give me Troy all day long vs him!!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ed is lucky, the damn ball falls in front of him 99% of the times when it's fumbled. INT's are his strong point, he can actually catch!

Give me Troy all day long vs him!!
    I think the same thing. Sure is nIce to have that kind of luck, over and over....lol I would love to have him playing along side Troy, but then......His luck would change because he would be in Pittsburgh. the Ref's would flag him for touching the ball when the Offense didn't mean to give it up. He wouldn't be the same guy under Steeler rules that are set by the NFL....IMO

please dont go there claiming foul on the refs, thats a pathetic act of desperation....troy has straight line speed and takes good angles (for the most part) and reed has sneaky speed and elusivness you cant compare the two...troy is a power show while reed has the finesse

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    please dont go there claiming foul on the refs, thats a pathetic act of desperation....troy has straight line speed and takes good angles (for the most part) and reed has sneaky speed and elusivness you cant compare the two...troy is a power show while reed has the finesse
    Are you talking to me?

ed reed gets runover way to much.... Brandon Jacobs and Hines Ward makes him look like Rick james got smacked... Im rick james byotch.. lay him out!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by popstaala View Post
    ed reed gets runover way to much.... Brandon Jacobs and Hines Ward makes him look like Rick james got smacked... Im rick james byotch.. lay him out!!!!!
    Lets hope that stays true this Sunday...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Are you talking to me?
    His luck would change because he would be in Pittsburgh. the Ref's would flag him for touching the ball when the Offense didn't mean to give it up. He wouldn't be the same guy under Steeler rules that are set by the NFL....IMO
    sorry, but that is just some bullshit

WaterBoy
    troy has straight line speed and takes good angles (for the most part) and reed has sneaky speed and elusivness you cant compare the two...troy is a power show while reed has the finesse
    I agree with your post. It is hard to compare them. If you want a All-Around solid safety who can make plays you take Polamalu. If you want a true playmaker you take Reed. Id take Polamalu as of right now but if someone said hey Ed Reed is better I wouldnt disagree with them. There each the best at there position in the NFL right now. Reed is the best FS and Troy is the best SS.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by RedskinsSince96 View Post
    They are both really good at what they do. It depends what type of safety you want. Troy Polamalu is a better all around safety. Ed Reed is the better big play guy. If you asked me right now who I would take it would be Troy Polamalu. He can do it all in my opinion.

Polamalu has 47 tackles with 31 solo. He has 7 ints for 59 return yds and 16 passes defensed.

Reed has 24 tackles with 19 solo. He has 5 ints for 191 return yds and 2 TDs with 12 passes defensed. He also has a 22 yd fumble return for a TD.

They play different positions so its really hard to compare but id take a guy in Polamalu who is a better tackler and has more INTs then Reed.
    Well said..they are both really the best safeties in the league today and probably 2 of the best in recent history. Of course you can count Sean Taylor (RIP) in that as well if he were still around.

Ed Reed makes the big splash plays but week in and week out, play after play I'll take Troy over Reed anyday. He hits just as hard if not harder, he plays the run as well as he plays the pass and you have to account for him every play.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    sorry, but that is just some bullshiat
    I think you misunderstood my joke. What I'm saying is the way the Flags get tossed at us, if Reed played for US he would get flagged for touching the ball when the other teams Offense doesn't want him too.

Thread Information